Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first post and review, DL viper 95mW

I ordered my viper 95mW laser pointer from Dragon lasers last November and it still works great to this day. It took about a week to arrive. This was my very first high powered green laser pointer so I didn't know what to expect. I was shocked at how bright it was with rechargeable energizers. The first thing I tried was pop a blue balloon and it popped without needing to be darkened from about 5 feet away. I pointed it at my wooden desk and to my surprise it started to smoke. I didn't have a sharpie on me at the time so I tried to light a white tipped match, surprisingly to me it caught in less than 4 seconds. I have been very impressed with it so far.

The picture was taken in a hotel outside of Roswell,NM in December some time.

I have video's of the viper on youtube under the username maxkillz2.

Attachments

• DSC05982.JPG
    DSC05982.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 130

Cool laser. Not many people have DL Vipers around here. It's not because they are bad lasers, it is because most people find NOVA to be the better option.

Glad to see you like your laser :)

I've had it for almost a year now, it's performed well over spec, do you think i just got lucky or have their lasers improved? it can easily smoke my oak desk. unless that takes less power than i thought. How much power would i need to burn wood?

Max -- I've carried my DL95 for almost 2 years. It's beat up and looks like crap. It always works to impress the unenlightened ;D I have to blow the lint out occasionally but it has never failed.
I use e2 Lithium.

Mike

Nah, DL have a pretty decent rep around here. It's not that they are bad, it's just that NOVA is better :)

To burn wood with a greenie. Not sure, but anywhere around 95mW should easily do it, so that isn't an easy way to figure out if it is up to spec.

Hemlock Mike said:
Max -- I've carried my DL95 for almost 2 years. It's beat up and looks like crap. It always works to impress the unenlightened ;D I have to blow the lint out occasionally but it has never failed.
I use e2 Lithium.

Mike
same here mines seen better days but it still impresses everyone i show it to. i use the rechargeable energizers, they seem to work great for a few months then they crap out. there a pic i took maybe 10 minutes ago of it, the paints chipping off and the cap falls off without tape

Attachments

• DSC06142.JPG
    DSC06142.JPG
    201 KB · Views: 104

VW

Murudai said:
Nah, DL have a pretty decent rep around here. It's not that they are bad, it's just that NOVA is better :)

To burn wood with a greenie. Not sure, but anywhere around 95mW should easily do it, so that isn't an easy way to figure out if it is up to spec.
From what I heard Nova's customer service is getting a little crappy...

maxkillz said:
[quote author=Hemlock Mike link=1216694033/0#3 date=1216699617]Max -- I've carried my DL95 for almost 2 years.  It's beat up and looks like crap.  It always works to impress the unenlightened  ;D  I have to blow the lint out occasionally but it has never failed.
I use e2 Lithium.

Mike
same here mines seen better days but it still impresses everyone i show it to. i use the rechargeable energizers, they seem to work great for a few months then they crap out. there a pic i took maybe 10 minutes ago of it, the paints chipping off and the cap falls off without tape[/quote]
Wow how did the paint chip off that much... :eek: Lucky I always leave my lasers in their boxes which then gets placed in my laptop bag when carrying them around. :D

freshert said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1216694033/0#5 date=1216701877][quote author=Hemlock Mike link=1216694033/0#3 date=1216699617]Max -- I've carried my DL95 for almost 2 years. It's beat up and looks like crap. It always works to impress the unenlightened ;D I have to blow the lint out occasionally but it has never failed.
I use e2 Lithium.

Mike
same here mines seen better days but it still impresses everyone i show it to. i use the rechargeable energizers, they seem to work great for a few months then they crap out. there a pic i took maybe 10 minutes ago of it, the paints chipping off and the cap falls off without tape[/quote]
Wow how did the paint chip off that much... :eek: Lucky I always leave my lasers in their boxes which then gets placed in my laptop bag when carrying them around. :D[/quote]
i stopped carrying it around in the case because winter was over and the only pocket big enough to carry it in was my jacket pocket, after that it just went into my pants pocket with everything else i happened to be carrying on me that day. after about 5 months of that it's in the state it's in now, not much to look at but still as powerful as the day i got it.

My DL95 has been through sweat, pocket lint, welding fumes, fireworks and any other trash you can put it through. Pens, Cgars and plasma cutting tips occupy the pocket causing exterior distress and patina. It always works without question to impress others. NO - I won't pass it around, ever.

Mike

Hemlock Mike said:
My DL95 has been through sweat, pocket lint, welding fumes, fireworks and any other trash you can put it through.  Pens, Cgars and plasma cutting tips occupy the pocket causing exterior distress and patina.  It always works without question to impress others.  NO - I won't pass it around, ever.

Mike

Trusty ol' CNI's :) once you get a good one, you'll never let it go!