Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first laser!

I just ordered a green laser from DealExtreme, it is a good laser for 30 bucks.
$33.80 - SD-301 Focusable 100mW 532nm Green Laser Pen Pointer with Battery Set (1*18650) - Green Lasers

But I thinking to buy a new one, from DinoDirect.
532nm 100mW Flashlight Style Adjust Focus Green Laser Pointer P-QL-BA - DinoDirect.com

I want to know if it is worth, and if it is the same laser that BudgetGadgets sells, because I read a Styropyro review, and seems to be a good laser for the price
Review: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/2...aser-budgetgadgets-detailed-review-54404.html

:thanks:
and sorry for my english, i'm brazilian :D

Fenzir

Do you have safety glasses?
Also, why would you want 2 100mw green lasers?
Did you receive it yet or just ordered it?
I would have started with a 5mw ebay cheapie.

I ordered, i don't received yet. :D
But I just want to know if i made a good choice

Fenzir

DealExtreme is usually fine with lowered powered lasers, 100mw being the top I'd buy from them if I could (They don't sell high powered lasers to the United States). But if you are willing to spend $120-150, then I'd go buy a 1w+ 445nm (blue) laser.

Do you know what glasses you do have? Because some could look good then destroy your eyes.
And it is a good thing you started with 30mw green. My friend bought a 400mw green as his first laser after seeing my 5mw green pens. He is now legally blind in his left eye.

I do not know why you want to buy so many green lasers. Yes, they are cool and very visible for the price, but if you're just getting into lasers poke around a bit, get a blu ray and maybe a high powered red.

As for dinodirect, they have been shaky in the past but have been selling good quality lasers as of recent, I will be LPMing (testing output of laser with a Laser Power Meter) 2 405nm lasers within the next two weeks and will share my results.

As for BudgetGadgets, I have never bought from them, but they are your typical chinese laser vendor. But again, so is dinodirect. Dinodirect has just been... improving?

Also, your english is fine.

Last edited:
I have FocalPrice glasses, I don't know if they are good, but seems to be. :(
http://www.focalprice.com/detail_LP076X.html
I already have a 100mw green laser, but it was not good, than i sell it.
If i buy 2 laser i pick up the best for me and the other one i sell :)
Here in Brasil I can sell for a good price.

Last edited:
Hey there dante12 welcome to the forum!! :wave:
You've come to the right place.

I would avoid DinoDirect and DealExtreme they are both crappy Chinese whole sale companies. Buying lasers from them is a gamble. More than likely you will not be happy with what you get from them.

But no worries there are sites that are much more reliable. I'd strongly recommend o-like.com. They have a pretty good selection of lasers at prices that cant easily be beat for the quality of their products. If you can't afford what you find at o-like then my next recommendation would have to be priceangels.com. They are a Chinese whole sale site but you usually get your moneys worth from them. If you have a problem with what you ordered they are good about fixing or exchanging the defective device. Oh and priceangels has free world-wide shipping on all products :D

I hope I was able to help out! :)

Take care and all the best to you
- Raj Rohila

Thanks Jollyrajer73
If i don't like the laser I can sell it, then I buy at somewhere else.
I heard about o-like and priceangels...
My first laser was a DX 30mw green laser, and i compared to "50mw" green laser from my friend, and DX laser appeared to be much stronger.

Fenzir

Definitely, o-like has great quality lasers, and I believe they have a good return policy. However, the prices are significantly higher than the chinese wholesale sites. If $30 isn't much to you, take a gamble. If you want a good quality laser no bs but at a higher price, o-like or CNI (but that costs a lot of money). However, don't rule out buying lasers from people here in the forum! Often, they test the power of the lasers they sell so you know exactly what you're getting.

Yes, I will start with this cheaper chinese laser.
I discovered a few months ago that laser is something AMAZING!
At the moment i want something to light some matches or cut some duct tape.
Than I will think about buying a Rayfoss or CNI laser
Buying lasers from people here in the forum seems to be good too (I liked the ideas of jayrob).
Another reason to buy chinese lasers is that they send to Brasil, most sites don't send or the shipping cost sooo much

Last edited:
i think buying lasers from people on the forums would be a good idea. (much faster shipping and higher quality) :)

Fenzir

If you want a really strong laser, check out survival lasers.
Survival Laser Home
They have some nice 445nm (blue) lasers and I think they would ship to brazil.

But I prefer green lasers.
I will buy a good green laser.
After I will buy a blue laser, maybe from people here on the forum.