Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my first laser with a PHR-803T diode

my host and diode came in yesterday \o/
So today I hooked it up to my driver and it worked :)

Then I started to focus it a bit and then the light was gone I tougt my connection to my power supply had come lose so I checked it but it was fine.

I had my power supply at 11 volts and using an lm317T with 10 ohm resistor so was running at 125 ma. (wich I know might be a little high for some PHR-803T's)

Gues I just killed my first laser diode then :whistle:

now I need to wait till I have money again and order a new diode (I'll probably order 3 this time ^^)

gillza

The blu-ray in my signature runs on a flexdrive at 125mA. It has been running for a while with no problems. 125mA is an OK current to run blu-ray at. I find it hard to believe that you burned the Diode. Check everything again :)

thanks for your reply I had checked it and checked it again but I probably connected the diode without shorting out the capacitor (one wire disconnected from breadboard and I had just put it back) so diode death. My new diodes came in yesterday and I put one in the aixiz module and powerd it up and nice shiny aser again. Then I re-aranged some stuff on the breadboard and gues what forgot to short the cap again :banghead: another diode death >.>

So I put another diode in shorted cap this time connected and worked. Solderd everything together today modded some plastic thing in my host to get some more room. and now it works perfectly. Altough I still need to wait for my propper battery's to arive I only get a crappy little dot right now stupid low powerd AAA's :p

To bad I forgot to make photo's I think I did it pretty good for the first time ^^ if intrested I might open the host and make some pictures of my driverand how I modded the plastic thingy