Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first laser w00t!

hey everyone, thanks for all your help, I read a few posts and I thought; "I have to have one of those!" So followed the simple tutorial, ordered a module from Aixiz. It seemed like it took forever, about 2 days to get here. I burnt out my first diode, then another diode =/. I'm not exactly sure why they burnt out, I probably heated too much with my soldering iron, because now they are just glowing very low. the last one I used, also a dvd burner, I put it in the module, I bought a tasco flashlight for 7$ xD. I wasn't sure weather to add something to limit the power or protect from surges, so I didn't, and it seemed to work ok. I was being a bit careless and zapped myself in the right eye while adjusting it, it left a spot for about a minutes O.X Remember to be careful, and remove the batteries when adjusting it xD.

Well it works good now, I'm not sure of the output mW. It can burn garbage bags, but not light matches unless focused more.

Sorry If I sound ammature ^_^ Thank you for your help, everyone.

Attachments

• PA300002.JPG
    PA300002.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 74

roSSco

This hobby is so addicting that I predict this is just the 1st of many. ;D