Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first laser, 2 questions

First, i make my laser with this tutorial:http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1186966870
i commanded pieces to build my first laser...
i commanded:
Sony diode pre-installed in aixiz module form stonetek
2x CR123a lithium batteries 3V
5W MXDL 2xCR123A flashlight
and i'll probably make my driver with this thread: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1185701612

My questions:
1) If i want to make the strongest laser i can with my pieces, will this driver work well? or i'll need to change some resistors,etc to have a beter laser? ( i don't know how to adjust the driver or anything like that...i'll probably just do exactly like the shema)
2)What will be the Mw of my laser with those pieces?

Thank you, if you have any tips on making the driver, just tell me please.

I believe that the LD's sold by Stonetek are higher powered than the ones we used with this circuit, it will work as a good burning laser with the resistor values as shown but I think you can go a bit lower.

I am sure someone who has gone for higer power can point to a thread where you will find the info..... in fact I think the info is here ;) http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1210649510

Easy to follow circuit below..... note the input voltage, it is important ;)

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• LM317_components01_006.jpg
    LM317_components01_006.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 109
so this mean i need to buy 2 batteir of 3.6V instead of 3v?
Do i put this driver into the flashlight? or into aixiz module?does it take a lot of place?
Edit: i don't really understnd the graphic shown...
what resistors should i use to have an higher power?

so this mean i need to buy 2 batteir of 3.6V instead of 3v?
Correct, have a look at the Deal extreme website

Do i put this driver into the flashlight? or into aixiz module?does it take a lot of place?
Put the capacitor and the 1n4001 diode in the Aixiz, the rest in the flashlight.

Edit: i don't really understnd the graphic shown...
I am not too sure on this but I think you can put a third 10ohm resistor in parallel with the other 2 which gives a min resistance of 3.3ohms

Would someone who has done it confirm or correct please ;)

Regards rog8811

Put the capacitor and the 1n4001 diode in the Aixiz, the rest in the flashlight.

Not sure sure on how to do this because i never touched or saw closely an aixiz module but i'll ask if i need help when i recieve my pieces. ty

I am not too sure on this but I think you can put a third 10ohm resistor in parallel with the other 2 which gives a min resistance of 3.3ohms

Would someone who has done it confirm or correct please
Confirmation would be appreicate...i want to make the best laser i can.
TY

Depending on how you build this driver it can be small.  I have not seen it small enough to fit in an Axiz. You can leave off the pot, and change resistor values to change the power to your needs. Did you read the whole 50 something pages on the driver, I finally did and discovered a lot. I believe in you man. I was in the same place you are in a few weeks ago, and am now building my 2nd driver just like this. And me going and soldering 3 10ohm resistors together got 3.4ohms. I soldered 3 1ohm SERIES for 3ohms on mine but its fully adjustable, check out mine here http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1225395951 and feel free to ask questions there.

tomcat

jonrobertd said:
Depending on how you build this driver it can be small.  I have not seen it small enough to fit in an Axiz. You can leave off the pot, and change resistor values to change the power to your needs. Did you read the whole 50 something pages on the driver, I finally did and discovered a lot. I believe in you man. I was in the same place you are in a few weeks ago, and am now building my 2nd driver just like this. And me going and soldering 3 10ohm resistors together got 3.4ohms. I soldered 3 1ohm parallel for 3ohms on mine but its fully adjustable, check out mine here http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1225395951 and feel free to ask questions there.

3 parallel 1ohm will give ~0.3ohm (unless this is a typo)

for 3ohm out of 1ohm resistors you want them in SERIES (one after the other)

ok thank you for your help...
I just don't really understand how the ressitors change the laser power...but i'll try to buy 3 10 ohm para.
Thank you