Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my first bluray build

hey,
this is my second laser i have built it is a phr-805t with a diy lm1117 based driver in the famous c6 with a diy heat sink.

i got my diode and module from modwerx

the c6 from dx (of course)

and the lm1117 from digikey my driver was pretty simple all i did was attach a 10 ohm resister and a ceramic cap to get a steady 123-125 ma

for my heat sink i simply took a piece of aluminum rod stock drilled a hole in it with my drill press and used thermal adhesive to add washers for the lip

NOW FOR PICTURES AND BEAMYS:):)

when i re-sized the pictures online it put them in that attached folder and i don't now how to put each one as a thumbnail sorry...but still take a look i like them allot

thanks,
bennett:thanks:

Attachments

• rsz_img_2793.jpg
    rsz_img_2793.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 387
  • images (1).zip
    471.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Very nice. What do you think the mw output is on that? What are you using for Power? Any other pictures?

sure i will upload more pics in a bit. i am using 2x cr123a lion batteries.

as far as the power output , i don't have a lpm but it is running at 125ma so anywhere from 80-110 mw according to some of the test that have been done on this forum

Sorry totally forgot one sec

My phone wont uploud them i will win i get to a computer

Last edited:
pics of build

http://my.picresize.com/J3CA2UXL0A

[IMG}[url=http://my.picresize.com/EH28CECG0K]Free Online Picture Editor - Crop and Resize photos, images, or pictures online for FREE![/url]

Last edited:
go for it i love mine!!! any questions im happy to help just pm me

or post it here :yh::wave:

Did you use the DIY heatsink method with something like a pill? I remember I saw somewhere that if you use a phr or loc diode , you can skip a machined heatsink.

Did you use the DIY heatsink method with something like a pill? I remember I saw somewhere that if you use a phr or loc diode , you can skip a machined heatsink.

nope i used a aluminum cable stop and a drill press:whistle:

nope i used a aluminum cable stop and a drill press:whistle:

Guess I missed that part while quickly taking a look at the OP :yabbem:
Nice first build. My first one was a PHR-803T in a medium sized project box with a huge DDL driver in it. I didn't even used a heatsink :crackup: Some months ago I made a very small lm1117 based linear driver and was comparing the size of it to the first blu ray build :crackup: +1 to get you going :)

Last edited:
Guess I missed that part while quickly taking a look at the OP :yabbem:
Nice first build. My first one was a PHR-803T in a medium sized project box with a huge DDL driver in it. I didn't even used a heatsink :crackup: Some months ago I made a very small lm1117 based linear driver and was comparing the size of it to the first blu ray build :crackup: +1 to get you going :)

thanks this was actually my first build:whistle: http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/my-first-build-64020.html#post916640 ever heard of 2x 18650s for a loc :crackup::crackup: i thought they were aa sized:whistle: