Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My DX TRUE 30mw Green Mode Hopping (video)

JLSE

My condolences, It always sux when that happens. Is it only when its warm? or does it happen all the time?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hZc_I1HZE&fmt=18[/media]

wannaburn said:
My condolences, It always sux when that happens. Is it only when its warm? or does it happen all the time?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hZc_I1HZE&fmt=18[/media]

Does it from you turn it on and forever after sometimes if you turn it on and off a few times it drops back to TEM0, I had the same problem with my first DX TRUE 30 also I fixed it by running it at 4.5 volts. Everyone told me I would burn it up but my boss says it's still going strong. Time will tell. I was hoping this would be a good one so I wouldn't need to pull it into a million bits. Dx said at the time they would exchange the first one but considering it would cost me more than buying it to send it back I ended up keeping it. Another 24 bucks thrown in the wind. I was going to try and ask them again in the hope that they would pay shipping but I went to the site and it won't let me open a RMA on that order because there was one already open asking when in the name of god they would ship. OH well.............

JLSE

The diode can handle the increase in voltage to 4.5, its the driver board that gets a little hot. When any of mine have failed from over powering, it was the driver tha cried uncle, but the diode was still fine. Speaking of DX, I just canceled an order I was waiting 2 months for. Only excuses and lip service were given, so I spent my money elsewhere. At least the refund was prompt...

wannaburn said:
The diode can handle the increase in voltage to 4.5, its the driver board that gets a little hot. When any of mine have failed from over powering, it was the driver tha cried uncle, but the diode was still fine. Speaking of DX, I just canceled an order I was waiting 2 months for. Only excuses and lip service were given, so I spent my money elsewhere. At least the refund was prompt...

Maybe one day I'll change the driver out. we will see.

Zom-B

It happens to my DX50 too when the batteries are almost empty. Fabrication fault on yours?

with my last one the problem only happened when it was cold or batteries were low I fixed it by adding a battery bringing the voltage up to 4.5 v. This new one I tried upping the voltage on my bench power supply but nothing helps. Anyway DX pulled through again they may be slow as hell but they are sending the replacement they are always willing to resolve problems with products which is good, in Italy for example you would have a really hard time getting a replacement for a defective product you would need to send it in for warranty repair which usually takes no less than 3 months and this is even if you just bought it, went home and found out it was defective. Say what you want about DX but to me they rock.