Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My DIY Green laser torch

Diesel

murrat said:
[quote author=Diesel link=1233420934/0#10 date=1233452034]4......

Did you cut the green module or the red modules heatsink?
In pic 3 there is 2 heatsinks.If you use the original heat sink of the host then what is the other one is for?
and in pic 4 what is that thing at the end of the LD driver?
What is the performance of CR2 or CR123A batteries for green? I am not pleased with CR2 batteries with my blue laser. you can only play for 3-4 minutes with full power then it decreases.  :(
If it performs well the size is great. If the heatsink is enough for a duty cycle around 5 minutes it is enough for me. Better than a pensize green :)
Nice work! :cool:[/quote]
In pic 3 there is 2 heatsinks.If you use the original heat sink of the host then what is the other one is for?
The rest of that part (the front) is an aluminium ring only.

in pic 4 what is that thing at the end of the LD driver?
it's an LED reflector (plastic).

CR2/CR123A is enough for this laser, if i use 18650, it would be meaningless, i need a SMALL PORTABLE green laser!
you're correct, the heat transference of the heatsink is need to be improved, i'm looking for a suitable heatsink to make it perfect.

Diesel said:
[quote author=murrat link=1233420934/0#15 date=1233527573][quote author=Diesel link=1233420934/0#10 date=1233452034]4......

Did you cut the green module or the red modules heatsink?
and in pic 4 what is that thing at the end of the LD driver?
What is the performance of CR2 or CR123A batteries for green? I am not pleased with CR2 batteries with my blue laser. you can only play for 3-4 minutes with full power then it decreases.  :(
If it performs well the size is great. If the heatsink is enough for a duty cycle around 5 minutes it is enough for me. Better than a pensize green :)
Nice work! :cool:[/quote]
The rest of that part (the front) is an aluminium ring only.

in pic 4 what is that thing at the end of the LD driver?
it's an LED reflector (plastic).

CR2/CR123A is enough for this laser, if i use 18650, it would be meaningless, i need a SMALL PORTABLE green laser!
you're correct, the heat transference of the heatsink is need to be improved, i'm looking for a suitable heatsink to make it perfect.[/quote]
Those are nice projects kinda the style I've currently have been doing. First off the builds are SDX greenies very good for the money and I think those are the 100mW just by the white front covers . Second I think what you are doing is fine if you have the dollers to do as such. the inprovment on the beam is probably due to increase in voltage. Very nice and risky amagine that stack of SDX's
gettin stoped by customs :'( anyhow sweet deal they look great.

Diesel

jander6442 said:
Those are nice projects kinda the style I've currently have been doing. First off the builds are SDX greenies very good for the money and I think those are the 100mW  just by the white front covers . Second I think what you are doing is fine if you have the dollers to do as such. the inprovment on the beam is probably due to increase in voltage. Very nice and risky amagine that stack of SDX's
gettin stoped by customs :'( anyhow sweet deal they look great.  
Do you mean SXD?