Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Dealings with Trinh Hong Phuoc

Hi all!

So I recently received my laser host from Trinh, and I'd like to give some feedback and review how everything went down.

I'm gonna be honest with this review, and nothing here is meant to be insulting or hurtful. Just constructive criticism.

====================
Requesting the host:
I talked to Trinh in the middle of February and requested a host to be made. The host was not fully completed until the end of April.

I know some thing popped up during the making of the host, but I was left without any knowledge of the delay. In the future, it's best to be up front with clients and tell them of anything that might be delaying or stopping production of their order. It's always nice to know whats going on.

====================
The Host That Was Ordered:
Before I go on here, everyone please understand, there is a language barrier here and I'm sure many things got lost in translation. Many things. It is probably best to send full, detailed pictures of what you'd like, so that Trinh can visualize what you want ordered.

So I originally ordered a host with a copper head and brass body. I guess I under estimated the barrier between our conversation and ended up with a completely aluminum host. He did make the main module out of copper though, so that was good.

====================
Receiving the Host:
The host was sent on April 28th, and I was given a tracking number...That kinda worked. It said the packaged was shipped, but beyond that, I couldn't follow its status anywhere. Kind of annoying, but international delivery can be a hassle sometimes.
I received the host on May 21st (18th actually but I wasn't home so I missed it) The host was well packaged and safe.

====================
My interactions with Trinh:
Trinh was pleasant and calm throughout the entire experience. Even amongst some small claims that he might not be legit, I don't think I saw a moment where he lost his cool. He always tried his best to thoroughly understand our conversations. He also sent me some little extras for the host, as a gift.

Overall this was a long, drawn out, but pleasant experience. Hopefully in the future Trinh will get a little better with communicating between himself and his client.

Other than all that, I'd like to thank you Trinh Hong Phuoc for the lovely host. It will serve my new NUBM47 build quite wonderfully :beer:

Thank you for leaving a reply , i think that's very useful for me , that is the experience that i will get -,i will try harder next time , surely there will be many nice hosts more
I made the mistake of believing that my plan was right-really wrong.
Finally I acknowledge the sympathy from you

Thank you for leaving a reply , i think that's very useful for me , that is the experience that i will get -,i will try harder next time , surely there will be many nice hosts more

You're doing good man, Just don't over work yourself. When awesome hosts are being made here, we tend to get... overbearing :crackup:

I think he has a lot of irons in the fire and wants to put every single individual at the forefront for projects and indicates they are, but that is impossible, what happens is timeline expectations cannot be met and customers get concerned whether they will get their host, some paying 50% or more ahead of time, but he will come through eventually. He's not a scammer, just has a lot of people wanting hosts because they are so awesome.

Are you still waiting for the C-lens hosts ?

If so put me down for 1 or 2 :beer:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter

Lildutchboy7, good review. It was fair and tactful. Good job.

Trinh hong phuoc, don't worry. We can see that you are doing a fine job with your hosts, just I hope you are not taking in too many orders at once. Keep up the good work, but do remember you are only human. Also a good idea was suggested about getting a visual of the host the customer wants. Either that, or just reconfirm the details of the order so the customer can check for errors. This will prevent the inevitable language barrier.

Last edited:
Fair and balanced review, Zach. Not that I believe for a second the news org that uses that comment about themselves. It looks like one will get something for their time and money eventually. I'm happy to hear that you are satisfied. And good luck to Trinh.

Reactions: GSS
Hi all!

So I recently received my laser host from Trinh, and I'd like to give some feedback and review how everything went down.

I'm gonna be honest with this review, and nothing here is meant to be insulting or hurtful. Just constructive criticism.

====================
Requesting the host:
I talked to Trinh in the middle of February and requested a host to be made. The host was not fully completed until the end of April.

I know some thing popped up during the making of the host, but I was left without any knowledge of the delay. In the future, it's best to be up front with clients and tell them of anything that might be delaying or stopping production of their order. It's always nice to know whats going on.

====================
The Host That Was Ordered:
Before I go on here, everyone please understand, there is a language barrier here and I'm sure many things got lost in translation. Many things. It is probably best to send full, detailed pictures of what you'd like, so that Trinh can visualize what you want ordered.

So I originally ordered a host with a copper head and brass body. I guess I under estimated the barrier between our conversation and ended up with a completely aluminum host. He did make the main module out of copper though, so that was good.

====================
Receiving the Host:
The host was sent on April 28th, and I was given a tracking number...That kinda worked. It said the packaged was shipped, but beyond that, I couldn't follow its status anywhere. Kind of annoying, but international delivery can be a hassle sometimes.
I received the host on May 21st (18th actually but I wasn't home so I missed it) The host was well packaged and safe.

====================
My interactions with Trinh:
Trinh was pleasant and calm throughout the entire experience. Even amongst some small claims that he might not be legit, I don't think I saw a moment where he lost his cool. He always tried his best to thoroughly understand our conversations. He also sent me some little extras for the host, as a gift.

Overall this was a long, drawn out, but pleasant experience. Hopefully in the future Trinh will get a little better with communicating between himself and his client.

Other than all that, I'd like to thank you Trinh Hong Phuoc for the lovely host. It will serve my new NUBM47 build quite wonderfully :beer:

:wtf:... Not even a picture of the Host....:thinking::thinking::thinking:
Or should I say Server...:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:

Raybo

I PM'ed Trihn looking for a nice 635-638 LP, he got back to me and said he was fresh out and would have to fabricate a laser from scratch, not being in any kind of hurry I said "OK, build me a goodie"
I sent him PP on 7/7 and he sent me a tracking # on 7/17, he also sent me an image https://imgur.com/gallery/3juP3ZF and a video of my laser ( I think) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4AmojTm4M&feature=youtu.be
Not bad as far a turn around time, should be here next week and than I will update.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Raybo

Forgot to mention, I requested an 18650 host and it looks like he delivered.

I PM'ed Trihn looking for a nice 635-638 LP, he got back to me and said he was fresh out and would have to fabricate a laser from scratch, not being in any kind of hurry I said "OK, build me a goodie"
I sent him PP on 7/7 and he sent me a tracking # on 7/17, he also sent me an image https://imgur.com/gallery/3juP3ZF and a video of my laser ( I think) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB4AmojTm4M&feature=youtu.be
Not bad as far a turn around time, should be here next week and than I will update.

Cheers!

You will receive the laser after about 10-15 days, I have included g7-beam lenses are divergent compared to 650nm you are-be prepared mentally

Yes, that diode diverges as badly as the NUBM44. Even with long FL lenses the output is more like a line than a dot. Not at all like the LPC815s, 826s, 836s,840s. I have a cylindrical lens trio that I've been saving to tame a Mits P73 one of these days. You could add a beam expander to try to reign in the divergence, but you will get a wider output instead.

Last edited:
Yes, that diode diverges as badly as the NUBM44. Even with long FL lenses the output is more like a line than a dot. Not at all like the LPC815s, 826s, 836s,840s. I have a cylindrical lens trio that I've been saving to tame a Mits P73 one of these days. You could add a beam expander to try to reign in the divergence, but you will get a wider output instead.

635nm sharp is better,it is good choose for person who not use expander beam and cylinder

Last edited:

Raybo

Mailman dropped it off today and I have tons of 18650's so I fired it right up. Yes the spot is horrid but I guess it's the nature of the beast.... it sure does throw out some photons WOW!
Closest laser I have to compare it with is a jayrob 650 that he built for me several years back, the divergence on the jayrob build is light years better but Trinh's beam just smokes it.
The jayrob build used an MXDL host and he was kind enough to include labels ......LPC815-419mA (I'm guessing this is the diode and power)
289 mW (power output ?),
and he used a Meredith glass lens.

What should I buy next?