Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Blu-ray build, with focus ring

Hello,
I've been a lurker for a long time, and I've received a lot of great information from this forum, so here's an attempt to give back-- as far as I know, my focus dial idea hasn't been used elsewhere already, so it may be  of use to some of you.
Here's my Dorcy Bluray build. It uses flexdrive, PHR-803T refurbished sled from PSXBOY, DX lens module, and a heatsink that I machined from scratch. I made up my labels in autocad and laser printed them on some adhesive-backed plastic label material called laser plate. My big innovation was the focus ring label--I took angle measurements at various focus distances for the finished laser, and made a circular label that sticks to the front of the heatsink around the lens module. The lens dial is marked, so I can dial in any distance on the scale and know where the beam will converge.
The infinity symbol denotes where infinite focus is, and the numbers encircled with arrows indicate the distances for full rotations out to the infinite mark again.
The other numbers are in meters or centimeters within the first turn out from infinite focus.
If anyone likes my design a lot and wants to print their own, let me know and I'll throw a hi-res image up.
thanks for looking

NOTE: Bear with me while I try to attach pictures, let's hope it works. If not, the thread's pretty much useless

Attachments

• IMG_0269.JPG
    IMG_0269.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 105

jayrob

Nice build man!

Did you make the stickers? Gives is a really nice finish...
Jay

Oh... yeah, I read now that you made them. Nice!

rancor

I would actually love to print some of those stickers they look great.

rancor said:
I would actually love to print some of those stickers they look great.

Here's the file that I printed from. It has a few different labels, including some lower power blurays and some greens. I realized later that the 50mW green's class is incorrect though, should be 4. It's meant to be printed with no scaling on 8.5x11"
I couldn't upload PDF or bmp, so hopefully JPG doesn't lose too much quality.
The focus rings are sized so that they fit just inside the head of the dorcy. The angles marked should hold true for anyone using the DX lens module, so long as you line up the infinite focus point.

Attachments

• labels.JPG
    labels.JPG
    216.4 KB · Views: 222

jnrpop

Nice Build,i like the look of the dorcy's specially with those stickers u made. Might concider
making some stickers up to, they turned out great. :eek: ;)

Kage

That focus label is a nice touch. Thanks for posting the file :D

On the Safety labels, some classes appear wrong, though, they should follow the chart below-

Old style classification New Power

II/IIa 2 <1mW

IIIa 3R <5mW

IIIb 3B <500mW

IV 4 =>500mW

That focus ring is a really cool idea. I have been lurking a lot, time to start giving back too ;)

Very slick build overall :p

Danjoo

Nice Build, I like the Idea to Put the stickers where you put it on that speziall host.

I have seen this host already but i dont like it for the design.
But with the stickers there placed its very nice.

Looks like a OEM Laser Host! :cool:

Daniel

My first Blu-ray build

Hello,
i want to make violet a laser ,i bought the kit from stonetek:
phr diode:stonetek.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=227

aixiz module:stonetek.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=191

the surface mount driver:stonetek.org/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=225

.My order isn't comes because i live in greece and i bought those items in 27/1/2009 ,i want to mount the to a simple flashlight with 3x cr2 batteries .Please tell me , do i need a heatsink and why???