Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Backyard!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Just woke this little guy up while coming up my driveway, he was resting under the small tree to the left.
He (she) is one of twins that were born this spring.

As Anthony mentioned, these cute critters can be terrorists with your trees, flowers, and landscaping.

@GSS - You're right, opossums are the "good guys".

PSX_20190921_171703.jpg

I've had some problems with raccoons coming onto my porch at night. It was startling as I go out there to smoke at night and don't see them right away. They seem to be fearless too. They are not easily chased off either.

I used to see raccoons on my cameras but not anymore i do see a lot of bobcats and coyotes at night and maybe grey wolfs and red foxes running around the are also a lot of owls at night sometimes 4+ on trees we used to have some squirrels but the are none around anymore i also see weasels in the morning we do have a lot of hawks every 2/3 days i see a bald eagles in the morning as soon i run inside to grab the camera its gone i thing the only thing that can survive is chipmunks since the hide once i seen 2 chipmunks chase a mouse outside and the killed it and eat the head 😬

• Wow
Reactions: GSS

kecked

I wish they animals were less afraid of me but living in a city where they know we kill half of them every year they know better. I regularly have 5-20 deer in yard every night. Everyday. The eat my flowers and bushes but that’s ok. Saves me pruning them. I just wish they would use a litter box hihi.

GSS

I've had some problems with raccoons coming onto my porch at night. It was startling as I go out there to smoke at night and don't see them right away. They seem to be fearless too. They are not easily chased off either.
Yup, raccoons are one of the critters that scare me..
I won't forget one time when I was visiting a friend and there was a rabid one foaming at the mouth and hissing all kinds of noises on the street sidewalk and wasn't able to move much.. A cop called it in and was allowed to dispatch it. He pulled out his service pistol and shot it twice right there on the spot. I wasn't able to see these dispatch shots up close as we were told to leave the area.
I probably will never see that again :unsure:

I haven't seen a raccoon in awhile now. I can't say why, but they haven't been around. I don't miss them, though.