Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 2+W PL445 vs. veneered particle board

These 2 quick videos show my Skylasers 2+W PL445 445nm lasing veneered particle board. One video the camera is attenuated through an OD4+ lens and the other is not attenuated. Both videos show the veneer almost instantly bursting into a small flame but flaming out as soon as the laser is powered off. The flame is hard to see even attenuated on the video but is plainly visible to the eye through my OD5+ goggles, also makes a nice popping sound as soon as the flame appears but not very audible on the videos. Well, just starting into more videos and pictures of my lasers as I have time to experiment. Happy lasing everyone!

Video 1 not attenuated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6k0v8rkBS8

Video 2 attenuated at OD4+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YytOGbu2P4

:lasergun:

Last edited:

Well it was working, apparently photobucket is junk. I logged in and its not showing any of my photos or videos now. I guess I need to find another host. :( ***Should be working now.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

I got it now that was sweet:) Took only like 10 sec to the verge on almost igniting plus the crackling you hear must ad to excitement. "I had the TV on". That was a nice change to show through safety goggles, it really didnt miss a beat to how strong a 2W is! Ive been wrestling with the idea of getting another blue from SciFi lasers this time the 2W instead of the 1W+ I bought. I thought the 1W would be enough, it still is but now I want more and thanks to you hear comes the anticipating and waiting for it to come:beer: Kudos on your first videos and for putting up the board as I remember your basement from before lol:):)

I got it now that was sweet:) Took only like 10 sec to the verge on almost igniting plus the crackling you hear must ad to excitement. "I had the TV on". That was a nice change to show through safety goggles, it really didnt miss a beat to how strong a 2W is! Ive been wrestling with the idea of getting another blue from SciFi lasers this time the 2W instead of the 1W+ I bought. I thought the 1W would be enough, it still is but now I want more and thanks to you hear comes the anticipating and waiting for it to come:beer: Kudos on your first videos and for putting up the board as I remember your basement from before lol:):)

Thanks for the comment, yeah I am always impressed by this PL445, it is scary bright and burns quick and easy. Cuts electrical tape like a phaser and if you hold it for a couple seconds, sets the tape on fire. I can pop matte colored balloons from 30 feet in a few seconds. Gotta make more videos when I get time. But don't hesitate on the power upgrade just have good goggles and respect it like a firearm and good to go. :beer:

Last edited: