Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 100mw Green laser

I just received my green laser two days ago, I have a LOT of fun with it. My only problem is that it won't burn anything.. It's a kaleidoscope laser, but the attachment can be removed.. Changed the batteries several times, still no luck =(

I got it from 5 in 1 100mW 532nm Mid-open Kaleidoscopic Green Laser Pointer Pen for Sale at GadgetTown.com

Any ideas why?

Anyways, I plan to buy a new one eventually, so I was wondering, is http://www.laserpointerworld.com/green-laser-pointer-pen-50mw-532nm-fixed-focus-high-power/?m=0 legit?

Please and thanks =D

Last edited:

The likelyhood is that it's no where near 100mW probably around 30-50 mW. If you want a cheap 100mW try Rayfoss or O-Like instead :)

Damn, that is lame :banghead: but the kaleidescope attachment shall keep me busy =D

I put black mark on a receipt paper, and put my laser on it and it started smoking, but I have yet to try a balloon and match (Wish me luck :p )

Meh! I think that should be false advertisement >.< It does say Output<100mW

Anyways thanks for the time =] Once I get some money, I'm just gonna buy a new and better one

Ash

Damn, that is lame :banghead: but the kaleidescope attachment shall keep me busy =D

I put black mark on a receipt paper, and put my laser on it and it started smoking, but I have yet to try a balloon and match (Wish me luck :p )

Meh! I think that should be false advertisement >.< It does say Output<100mW
Well. It would be false advertisement if the company was in any other country than China.
Really, sites like DX, Focalprice, Gadget town, buyincoins, etc... don't measure the power of their lasers, and just go with what the supplier tells them. This is why many forum members ususally only get lasers from trusted china sellers that test their lasers like o-like, Rayfoss, LED shoppe, and dragon lasers. :D