Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 100mW... :D

ownee

Ie just recived my 100mW laser from spymodex.com and.... ITS REALLY REALLY cool! xD Melting plastic, bursting baloons... amazing!! ;)

T

timelord

Be very careful with Spymodex they do not have IR filters and so your not getting a true 100mw of 532nm Green. IR is dangerous goggles are essential :eek: :eek: :eek:

ownee

It has IR filter :)

Anyway i was trying a laser without IR, i was pointing near my eye (nose) and nothing happened :)

ownee said:
It has IR filter :)

Anyway i was trying a laser without IR, i was pointing near my eye (nose) and nothing happened :)
I'm sorry, but to be brutally honest both of the things you just said sound pretty dumb.
as for your first comment: why do you say it has IR filter, and how do you know its actually filtering the laser well. The true green output is far <100mW on a Spymode 100mw. Its all just a pathetic scam.

And the second: Well, people don't always die in car accidents, and people don't always die when they get shot either. I still don't try doing either very often though.

ownee

Checked it, and yeah it has IR filter of 98%.
The beam is the same as in my Wicked Nexus 95mW so its not scam.

How did you check it??? I'm not saying it doesn't have an IR filter I just want to know how you checked that it does at 98% effeciency.

also what pseudo was saying is that IR filter or not it's stupid to be shinning it near your eyes your just asking for trouble.

"asked in nova". What does that mean?

I'm sorry, but so far many people have done tests to prove the IR filtering is pathetic at best. I myself made this post about it: http://www.lasercommunity.com/cheap-ebay-green-lasers-suck-t8140.html

If someone is now suddenly saying they are filtered, I'm gunna need some pretty convincing evidence. A sentence that doesn't even make sense like "asked in nova" definitely ain't gunna cut it. Sorry.

S

SenKat

Ownee - send me, Psuedo, Hemlock Mike, SteveTexas - any of us - send it to us, we all have IR filters (External type) and power meters. It is always best to prove your point rather than just saying, that is what I heard. I spent LOTS of money on lasers to tear them apart, and test with them.