Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Moving the laser pointer. HELP!

Hi there,

Does anyone have any idea where to find two cheap (really cheap) galvo scanners? I need to control where a laser pointer is pointing using a micro. so it doesn't have to be fast or any of the other things a laser show would need, only move the laser dot around. Any ideas? or any suggestions of something else to use? I'm doing a university project so not full of cash

I need it to be accurate up to 800m, within like 5mm. Will servos be acurate enough? and if you know of any, do you have links?

I need it to be accurate up to 800m, within like 5mm. Will servos be acurate enough? and if you know of any, do you have links?

With that kind of distance you might want to look at some sort of geared system? I'm not sure if galvos can achieve that kind of accuracy.

Welcome to the forum, Be sure to add your location of residence to your profile so that members can better help you and respond to any questions you may have.