Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Most powerful green handheld?

GR3EN

520 is definitely my favorite by far. My 1.3w is my baby. You won't be disappointed and definitely post some pics.

Last edited:

I think it's kinda dishonest to say a diode laser's power is it's peak, which only lasts for the first second or so. for example, all the powers of the lasers listed in my sig are what the meter says after about 20 seconds, I think it's a better representation of it's actual power

The reading maxed on your TEC LPM after about 1min on, which means it must have peaked over 1.9W. AFAIK that's impossible with these diodes, specially considering how you're burning stuff at point blank range (which fucks up your lens very quickly).

The only reasonable conclusion is that your LPM is not properly calibrated...

(no offense meant, just stating the facts)

UPDATE: The seller (who is reputable) say's it peaked at 1.75W but settled at 1.63W after a minute. He tested it on 4 different calibrated ophir heads so I will go with his readings. My LPM is a radiant x4 with a damaged thermopile so it isn't exactly the best... The laser is very bright but honestly a bit dissapointing, I think there is a brightness limit where you can't really see the difference in power anymore, it only seems about as bright as the 3.5W 445nm that I used to have indoors however outdoors it surpasses the 445nm easily. The beam is visible in bright daylight but just barely and only if you look at it just right. I would like to sell it/trade it for a Laser glow Aries or Hercules but I'm not going to bother posting in the BST board right now, however if you have an offer feel free to let me know :beer:.

Try to beat my record with that 520:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13aNFKO4wBI

Then you´ll see the difference when it comes to divergence ;)
That laser does not look like 1.5W of 532nm, it's not nearly bright enough. Either your LPM is off or it's mostly IR.
What atomicrox said...

Pictures:

67mW 515nm vs 4mW 532nm
5mw%2Bvs%2B67mw%2B2.png

1.63W 520nm vs 67mW 515nm (from side)
1.5W%2Bvs%2B67mw.png

1.63W 520nm vs 67mW 515nm (from top)
pYA-Pa92hDIXuAYUq1ZT57ku_Il3UIiRx55wr-jvcl0=w819-h460-no

*no smoke or fog used in any of the pictures

Last edited:
Last edited:

Podo

The reading maxed on your TEC LPM after about 1min on, which means it must have peaked over 1.9W. AFAIK that's impossible with these diodes, specially considering how you're burning stuff at point blank range (which fucks up your lens very quickly).

The only reasonable conclusion is that your LPM is not properly calibrated...

(no offense meant, just stating the facts)

I don't own the video. That wasn't mine anyway.

It's toutan video. Maybe there something imprecise with his LPM or it just a very very efficient diode. Who knows:p

Last edited: