Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

More help with finding a driver

I am also looking for a driver. I'm looking for a boost driver which can go to 6v off a single li-ion, and I will be running this somewhere around 350-500ma. DTR had exactly what I want, but is out of stock.

Anyone have any suggestions? I found a place in the UK, but I'm in the states. And everything else I've found looks sketchy, doesn't have enough info, or is the wrong current or voltage range.
Thanks

gazer101

Does the shape matter? If you are using an 18650 you might as well just get a buck driver with 2 16340s

I've got a bunch of 18650's, but if I don't find any other options, that would work.

Hey, great searching there.. That's exactly what I need.

But shipping!!! Might not have it until October! I think I'll assume DTR will have stock by then. But... I think I'll order a couple anyway, just in case.

Still looking for something more immediate, though, if anyone else knows of any. I don't know why Pololu or another electronics vendor doesn't sell CC regulators. Plenty of voltage regulators in every flavor. I know we laser pointer people aren't a huge market, but there is a much bigger market for expensive LED's that also want CC drivers.

The Astral drivers are not always available so it's best to stock up on things like that for later use when you can and some things come along then disappear and never return, parts get discontinued and some are special batches that when gone are gone......sure you can have special stuff made if you want to spend big money, but a rarity and at a bargain ....well, get it while you can. ;)