Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

More aircraft strikes...

Gadget

This needs to end, though I know it never will. It will only get worse as more and more immature, thoughtless people get their hands on cheap, powerful lasers. Sadly, there have been more than 50 strikes in Texas alone since the beginning of the year. The latest moron kept on until he was pinpointed by DPS chopper and ground units moved on his house!

From the article:
23-year-old Austin Siferd admitted to pointing the green laser into the sky, "not realizing that it was actually strong enough to reach the aircraft."

I call bullshit!! I say he knew exactly what he was doing.:tsk: And for his efforts, he wins a nice long prison sentence, and a felony record for life.

DPS tracks down man after laser pointed at aircraft

A little pissed,
-G

Last edited:

Glad they caught the SOB. I cringe every time I see these news stories because it just makes our hobby more disliked by people outside of it because they don't understand us. Every time some crazy fool lases an aircraft I am starting to see similarities between us responsible laser owners/operators and responsible gun owners and the incrimination they go through when these nutjobs engage in mass shootings.