Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Modifying red laser gun sight

I have an LXGD JG-04A  5mw 635 nm laser sight that I would like to put a 16x red from Stonetek into.
If anyone has experience with this, please speak up!

The driver has two transistors, identical to each other (I assume they are transistors, as they have 3 legs and are marked ZC60),  2 capacitors, and two resistors on a pc board 5/16" square. All surface mount. All 3 pins of the laser are connected to the board. It runs on 1 CR123. I need a simple driver
circuit to replace this one capable of supplying 250 mA of a similar size that will run on an RCR123.

I also need advice on removing the existing diode which is mounted in a brass cylinder approximately 9mm in diameter without destroying the optics. I thought I could unscrew the diode end of the housing, but  the end section seems to just rotate.

My camera won't focus any closer than 3.5' ,  so a picture won't show much.

Any ideas?

You should see if you can fit an aixiz module in there. As for the driver, a flexdrive will work perfect off 1 cr123 battery!I would just throw out the on they are using...

If I had a lathe (I don't) and drilled it out to fit an Aixis, it would trash the windage adjustment  threads in the bushing (to the right if the Aixis and original modules) the module mounts to.
You can tell a little about it in this digital zoomed picture. A 5 mW green module would fit though...

Attachments

• ls1.jpg
    ls1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 1,587

JLSE

You could always convert the green module into a red.. The only thing you would  have to do is modify the brass case to hold the lens from the axiz module. I dont think you need adjustable focus, just set it and bond it.

I'd start with breaking down the green module into pieces, remove the IR diode, clean all the glue from it, crystal etc, and install the red. Once you get the focus right, and straight, all you have to do is assemble it the way it came.

Or you could machine down a blank axiz module. But the internals of the mount may not work with the shorter axiz, and may require the narrow tip to hold on to. This im not sure of, as ive never opened one of those sight mounts before..

Good luck though :)

I don't have a green module, but was thinking that if I can't make the red 200 mW work,
I would put a green module from DX (looks like it would fit) as an upgrade from 5mW red.

The Aixis case is too thin to turn down to fit the hole in the mounting bushing. It's 12 mm and the hole in the bushing is 9 mm.

Ideally, I would like like the beam collimated to a small spot 1/4" or less at 2-600 yards.
I'd like to be able to burn with it at range, which would require probably a 1/8" dot.

If you are to use the original module you will need to be able to adjust the lens anyway, I would guess,.
Has the lens holder got adjusting slots across it? If so, find something that is a good fit across the width of the lens holder, as it is less likely to slip. Hold the housing in a vice, add a bit of heat to the front of the module with a soldering iron and work the lens loose. Once that is done you should be able to drive the LD out. (make sure it is a standard 5.6mm LD first or you will be wasting your time).

Regards rog8811

The narrow front end and rear (except for last 5/16") is all one piece.
Fixed focus. Dia. of the base is the same as dia. of 200 mW diode.
Has anyone used a dental pick to remove one from the rear?