Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Modding Dorcy Lasers 120mw to 200mw upgrade

tomcat

i have bought a nice 120mw dorcy from kenom cant wait for it to arrive 130$ beats 400$wikedlazerz i was wondering that when i get some spare diodes ( 3 more) is there a way to up the power goin to the diode without sacrificing the dorcy driver ( these are very good and stable) because i know thses diodes run upto 230mw quite well with a short runcycle and a relativly short endlife ( 200-500 hours)

S

SenKat

Well, since Kenom is using the included driver in the Dorcy - you would have to completely re-work the dirver to suit your needs....I am fairly certain it would void the generous warranty that Kenom included in the sale of that laser, too !

tomcat

oh well ill wait until i get some diodes from the forum GBs and make my own

what driving system / mA would give a smooth 200mWmax with those diodes (3v) Pot in line with resistor and a cap across the diode to stop spikes ( 47nF)? or 47pF

my eletronic maths and diode ma>mw knowlage is quite well Crap

i would be mounting in a custom case with good heatsinks so size is no matter

i only want a singleturn pot and a resistor so i can set it at minimum (5-10mw) then crank it up to max at 200mw

help on the risistances i would need?
of the set risistor and the pot
set risistor and pot at minimum = 200mw pot at full risiatance = 5-10mw