Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Missing Lens?

I have had this laser for like a couple years, and today when I took it out to use the lens seemed out of focus. I adjusted it too far out and the assembly fell out in pieces. I dont remember if there was another lens, but it will not focus to a dot anymore. If I unscrew the lens and hold it like 1/8 inch from the housing it will focus but it also burns fingers :p can anyone tell if I am missing something by my pic?
not sure if it matters, but it is a 1.4w blue laser bought from someone here around 2 years ago.
Thanks,

Attachments

• Lens_assy.jpg
    Lens_assy.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

thanks a ton! i looked everywhere for the missing pieces. so for a blue laser I would imagine I would order the 400-500nm package?

Im not sure you are actually missing a lens. Yes it is called a 3 element but there are physically only 2 pieces of glass! One of the pieces normally has 2 lenses glued to one another hence 3 element.

Hold the thicker piece up to the light and check if it is actually 2 separate pieces. If it is, just reassemble in the opposite order and it should work. Dont forget the spacer.

If you dont remember how to put it back together let me know and I will take one apart and check for you. :beer:

all i have is the "thick" piece. It has convex surfaces on each end. I dont remember if there was another glass piece that went in the tube as well, if so it is gone.. I tried to reverse the thick part and I put the spacer in first and also tried the spacer in last, same result each time. I will keep messing with it, but I ordered the lens above, so we will see when it gets here I guess lol

Just wondering, is your laser diode multi-mode? Post a photo of the beam, focus to the best you can.

Last edited:
You should only have 2 pieces of glass, one spacer and one retaining ring. ;) The 3 element fits into the laser (ie towards the diode) retaining ring end first.:beer:

I found the same thing happened to me. I pulled mine out to use today and all it does is produce a rectangle image that I cannot change. Is there another small lens that is supposed to fit inside the center adjustable ring (that I somehow lost?) If so how/where do I find a replacement? :cryyy:

I found the same thing happened to me. I pulled mine out to use today and all it does is produce a rectangle image that I cannot change. Is there another small lens that is supposed to fit inside the center adjustable ring (that I somehow lost?) If so how/where do I find a replacement? :cryyy:
the rectangle image might be due to the multi-mode diode the laser uses

The small brass looking ring that I use to adjust the beam: should it have a lens inside? otherwise what am I adjusting? There is nothing here but a ring.on my 501B

Ok...I'm officially an idiot. Appears after a closer look and thinking about it... The focus ring was loose. Thats all!:rolleyes: Thanks anyway everyone.