Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Minimag Laser QUestion

woah, i didnt think the pics were that big...

:-[ :-[

:-? :exclamation

Yeah, I can't see them, it also takes a loooong time to load. Can you please resize them?

amkdeath said:
sorry for n00b question, searched on google found nothing:
what is:
The shank of a screw?
al rods?

looks good.

A Google search turned up this file on Threaded Fasteners
Al = Aluminium

a_pyro_is said:
Yeah, I can't see them, it also takes a loooong time to load. Can you please resize them?

[quote author=amkdeath link=1195015740/0#14 date=1195172514]sorry for n00b question, searched on google found nothing:
what is:
The shank of a screw?
al rods?

looks good.

A Google search turned up this file on Threaded Fasteners
Al = Aluminium[/quote]

Ok I fixed the pics, and one question:
Cant I just:
Put nylon/plastic washer in between spring and tailcap
drill hole into tailcap
put momentary push switch into tailcap
solder a wire from one lead of switch to spring
attach the other lead of the switch to tailcap and fasten
Glue everything in place
screw on tailcap

sounds a lot more cooler than a screw sticking out of the back of my minimag lol

amk

**EDIT**
BTW i just got my diode and soldered it on, burns very good, I should have some pics of it on...
meh mabe in another thread...

amkdeath said:
Ok I fixed the pics, and one question:
Cant I just:
drill hole into tailcap
Glue everything in place
screw on tailcap

sounds a lot more cooler than a screw sticking out of the back of my minimag lol

amk

Yes, but I thought you said that you didn't want to buy a switch, and that was the only tailcap mod I've seen without buying a switch. It's now obvious to me that I should have read it as 'don't want to but a tailcap replacement' Sorry, sometimes I miss the obvious.

a_pyro_is said:
[quote author=amkdeath link=1195015740/15#18 date=1195184991]Ok I fixed the pics, and one question:
Cant I just:
drill hole into tailcap
Glue everything in place
screw on tailcap

amk

Yes, but I thought you said that you didn't want to buy a switch, and that was the only tailcap mod I've seen without buying a switch. It's now obvious to me that I should have read it as 'don't want to but a tailcap replacement' Sorry, sometimes I miss the obvious.

[/quote]

yea sorry for that, I meant I didnt want to order a premade tailcap switch (like the kroll tailcaps)

Ill do the mod when I get my IR laser, its shipping from china so it might take a while.

FOr now tho, im burning up just about everyhting I can find in my house with my red laser, hopefully not including my eyes ;)

So did you get a 317 based driver to fit inside a minimag?
I'd still suggest for a minimag using an AMC7135 running off three NiMH 2/3AA cells. This will be way more efficient than two 14500s and the LM317 driver. Also cheaper as any quality NiMH charger will charge them. And less chance of LiPo Kaboom. ;)

a_pyro_is said:
So did you get a 317 based driver to fit inside a minimag?
I'd still suggest for a minimag using an AMC7135 running off three NiMH 2/3AA cells. This will be way more efficient than two 14500s and the LM317 driver. Also cheaper as any quality NiMH charger will charge them. And less chance of LiPo Kaboom.  ;)

the diode I got was for the black driver enclosure thing I posted a pic of. Sadly I killed it 2 hours ago. Jesus christ this is sad. I made it last 2 days, end of second aixiz lens scratched badly, and I kill it on third. I gotta work on taking care of these things.

So youre suggesting I buy one of those telephone battery packs, rip it open and take the batteries and line em up in the mag? ill look into it. The IR diode shipped on the 8th of november from china, I dont know how long it will be before I get it. its a 200mW, I wish I had gotten the 500.

untill I get that diode, Im working on my other laser.

thanks pyro,

amk

A cordless phone battery pack is a good place to look if you don't want to order online. Just look for a pack that's about 15mm X 42mm X 34mm or so. That should yield you three 2/3AA cells.
Good luck.