Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Member with LPM wanted

I'm buying a used RPL-225, and I want its power verified before I buy it. So, anyone here want to be a middleman and verify that beast for me?

daguin

potatorage said:
I'm buying a used RPL-225, and I want its power verified before I buy it. So, anyone here want to be a middleman and verify that beast for me?

I'm in Southern California. I'll do it. I have a Scientech 365 With a 36001 calorimeter. I haven't gotten the connector needed to produce a printed graph of the output, but I can and will report it.

Peace,
dave

jayrob

potatorage said:

I'm in No. CA and would also be happy to do so... I have an LPM-1.

Hey Dave, with your Scientech 365 With a 36001 calorimeter, is there any adjustment that you need to make on the meter (or multiplier) when measuring 405nm? As opposed to 532nm? Or, is it's thermal sensor automatic for different wavelengths?
Thanks,
Jay

Jayrob - there is no adjustment required, nor needed for thermal meters when measuring different wavelengths :) Oh...wait a second...I'm not Dave ! (hehehehe)

jayrob

SenKat_Stonetek said:
Jayrob - there is no adjustment required, nor needed for thermal meters when measuring different wavelengths :)  Oh...wait a second...I'm not Dave !  (hehehehe)

Thanks Greg... I sent a blu-ray build to a good man in Denmark who has a Scientech 365 and his reading was only about 50mW's?? It is a Kryton/FlexDrive/803T build running at 90mA's. It should be putting out at least 80ishmW's. (AixiZ acrylic, plastic cut away) Maybe his calibration is off?
Jay

P.S. Sorry for the 'thread jack' potatorage.

daguin

jayrob said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1213711232/0#3 date=1213714517]Jayrob - there is no adjustment required, nor needed for thermal meters when measuring different wavelengths :) Oh...wait a second...I'm not Dave ! (hehehehe)

Thanks Greg... I sent a blu-ray build to a good man in Denmark who has a Scientech 365 and his reading was only about 50mW's?? It is a Kryton/FlexDrive/803T build running at 90mA's. It should be putting out at least 80ishmW's. (AixiZ acrylic, plastic cut away) Maybe his calibration is off?
Jay

P.S. Sorry for the 'thread jack' potatorage.
[/quote]

At 98mA my "pocket Rocket" puts out 80mW, consistently (a little less if the batteries are down) (flexdrive - aiXiz acrylic). I'm not sure how accurate the LPM-1 is with 405nm. The LPM-1 was designed with 473nm as the lowest wavelength needed to be measured. I do NOT know if any work has been done on it since then or if a "reliable" conversion factor has been determined. Remember, most of the energy meters and calorimeters we use were NOT designed for the Near Ultra Violet range. Based on what I've read and experienced, I would be biased to trust his 365 over your LPM-1. However, I would need to know what kind of calorimeter he was using with it and if they had been calibrated to each other.

If you want to, you can send one of your units to me to compare measured output. I'll test it here and let you know what the comparative results are.

Peace,
dave

jayrob

daguin said:
Based on what I've read and experienced, I would be biased to trust his 365 over your LPM-1.  However, I would need to know what kind of calorimeter he was using with it and if they had been calibrated to each other.

Peace,
dave

Thanks for your input Dave.... If the laser did not get damaged somehow during shipping, then his meter must be at least a little out of calibration. Because, the 803T build that I sent him, was reading very consistent with the other 4 or 5 803T builds that I have done. All at 90mA's. And we know from other's test results, that 90mA's with an 803T, will give you more than 50mW's...
Jay