Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Meeting on Photonics west

Hello!
We have a small booth presenting our new DPSS lasers and drivers on the photonics west in san francisco.
Is anyone there and maybe interested in a meet and greet? :)
BR
Phillip

I will try to get into the event my friend. Even if I don't get into the event I can give you a ride in a 1020hp Plaid Model S Tesla.

Anytime you visit Socal I'm happy to give Plaid rides to everyone! We have some other fast stuff too, but nothing else offers the G-forces of the Plaid.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Ah wish I could but I'm on the east coast. Didn't you give Zach Collins a ride at one point? I think he hold me about it

Ah wish I could but I'm on the east coast. Didn't you give Zach Collins a ride at one point? I think he hold me about it

I don't think I know anyone by that name, but I do give a lot of Plaid rides. We show up at a client and offer to give some engineer a ride, and after his ride he comes back raving to his co-workers, which turns into running full 5 person car loads repeatedly. My Watt-hours per mile consumption on joy-rides is 4500-5500Wh/mile. It cruises on the highway at 75mph around 300Wh/mile.

Did you make it safely to San Francisco yet my friend?

I want to know when to plan to drive up in the Plaid to visit and give you a ride.

Philip at booth.JPG607 610 639nm lasers in booth small.JPG

What a treat to get to meet more LPF members, and my eyes felt blessed by the opportunities to experience more unique wavelengths than I had ever seen in a single day. Philip is a brilliant man and DPSS laser builder, and the real deal at industry leading efficiency DPSS laser building, and rare wavelength laser building. I dabble in power electronics, and I was very impressed with his 6chanel laser driver he calls COLORdrive 6, as well as the 1.2kW bidirectional TEC controllers that were as small as I have ever seen for low ripple current bi-directional supplies.

Seeing the new wavelengths like 607nm was worth the drive from LA up to SF by itself if even there was no photonics show. My camera's RGB sensor and your computer screen you're viewing on can only try to simulate the 607nm experience. Its a beautiful mid color that's much warmer than 594nm, but more golden orange fire-like sparkle than any red you've ever seen before.
607 633 wavelength comparison.JPG

Last edited:

Sowee7

View attachment 74113View attachment 74112

What a treat to get to meet more LPF members, and my eyes felt blessed by the opportunities to experience more unique wavelengths than I had ever seen in a single day. Philip is a brilliant man and DPSS laser builder, and the real deal at industry leading efficiency DPSS laser building, and rare wavelength laser building. I dabble in power electronics, and I was very impressed with his 6chanel laser driver he calls COLORdrive 6, as well as the 1.5kW bidirectional TEC controllers that were as small as I have ever seen for low ripple current bi-directional supplies.

Seeing the new wavelengths like 607nm was worth the drive from LA up to SF by itself if even there was no photonics show. My camera's RGB sensor and your computer screen you're viewing on can only try to simulate the 607nm experience. Its a beautiful mid color that's much warmer than 594nm, but more golden orange fire-like sparkle than any red you've ever seen before.
View attachment 74114
639 and 607nm dpss! are they Pr:YLF based dpss? I wonder what the tunable one uses

I think you're correct about Pr/YLF from a 444nm blue diode as pump source. Extremely tempting laser for me.

639 and 607nm dpss! are they Pr:YLF based dpss? I wonder what the tunable one uses
Nobody else at the show was offering his range of wavelengths. I didn't see any tunable reds in his range either.

607nm is one of the most rare laser wavelengths I've ever seen created anywhere. His prices are fair too, Im going to buy one when I recover from wedding expenses.

I recommend if you u guys are in California to make it out to the show for at least a day. You'll see things you've never seen and learn new applications with light you never imagined possible.

Sowee7

Nobody else at the show was offering his range of wavelengths. I didn't see any tunable reds in his range either.

607nm is one of the most rare laser wavelengths I've ever seen created anywhere. His prices are fair too, Im going to buy one when I recover from wedding expenses.

I recommend if you u guys are in California to make it out to the show for at least a day. You'll see things you've never seen and learn new applications with light you never imagined possible.
Im working on $700-800 Pr:ylf 607nm modules

I enjoyed the show so much I'm going to try to attend many more SPIE shows. I think Philip enjoyed the Tesla Plaid ride (peaking in the 110-120mph range at times), and I will do my best to attend the San Diego conference in California and give members who want to meet rides in it if they into acceleration.

SPIE Optics + Photonics
San Diego Convention Center
San Diego, California, United States
21 - 25 August 2022
SPIE Optics + Photonics Exhibition:
23 - 25 August 2022