Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Maybe it's time to Verify New Members..

LarryQ

With our little following of Proxy Malcontents, that just keep getting banned then re signing up...
Maybe it's time to LOCK new members until their ID can be confirmed.
Shouldn't take too much time...and could effectively deal with all of the Drama BS!

Leave everything open to read...but to become a member...they have to have their account activated by a mod before they can start posting.

Just a thought...

Larry

S

SenKat

Yes, between that, and locking it down so you can only access the forum through IPS that are NOT proxy related. The ass-clowns that do this name shifting do not have the balls to come into the open, I group them together into the same grouping of people as the KKK - who have to hide behind hoods cause they are pussies, and everyone else that is too scared to speak openly, and be honest on forums and whatnot. Let's get real here, if you love this forum so much - GET OVER IT LOSER. Timelord is here to stay, you are only making it more fun for him - he really enjoys tracking your IP down, and banning the whole range. Pretty soon all the proxis will be banned anyways.

T

timelord

Spammers amuse me greatly :D especially ones that call me nice names ;D Using words like SUCKS can only mean it's an American unfortunately.
I don't mind taking on the task of vetting people before their accounts are activated if only to keep these muppets away ;)

I'm with you on this one. All of that spam yesterday and more already today, I'm ready to see it stop.

Besides, it would give new recruits time to read 'threads of interest' and 'rules'

Gazoo

Timelord said:
Using words like SUCKS can only mean it's an American unfortunately.

Yeah...the British use the word BLOWS... ;D

Anyway..... verification is an excellent idea... :)

Gazoo said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1196872429/0#3 date=1196873123]Using words like SUCKS can only mean it's an American unfortunately.

Yeah...the British use the word BLOWS... ;D

Anyway..... verification is an excellent idea... :)
[/quote]

WAY off topic, but that reminds me of suck & blows (those under drinking age need not follow link)

{/offtopic}

Things

i _think_ CPF does this too, a mod needs to verify you before you can post/etc. Good Idea!

i agree completely im tired of seeing new members clogging up the forums with junk (starts rant)Damnit people i want to read about lasers not whining children making a fuss over nothing(ends rant)