Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Making a laser that shoots sounds

The whole laser thing about transferring information as well as the youtube video is an example of modulation. In the two cases mentioned the laser frequency acts as a carrier wave while the data is superimposed on this wave. The same happens with the audio device. They are using an ultrasonic waveform as the carrier wave and superimposing audio in the human hearing range onto the carrier. My suspicion about the audio is that they have developed a slick waveguide for the ultrasonic wave to give it directionality.

Now once you are modulating a signal you have all kinds of possibilities. Many of them are in daily use. You can start multiplexing signals onto the carrier using various algorithms such as TDMA, FDMA, CDMA, DWDM and a whole host of other methods. Modulation and multiplexing is used in every modern communications device from DSL, to cellular systems, from computer bus architecture to satellite communication.

Finally, what the OP was originally talking about was a sound device designed for crowd control that emits an ultrasonic wave at 180-200 db. You cant hear it but you can feel it (resonance) just from the amplitude of the wave.

I believe they are now using microwaves to achieve somewhat the same effect as the audio crowd control device. The microwaves penetrate just the top layers of the skin where the temperature receptors are and induce a sensation of heat and burning although the microwaves are doing neither.

falcon101 said:
About the magnets thing... Its hard to explain and that was one way i tried to explani this...  sort of like if you have thwe same oppisiteas and that resdistance you feel of the magnets, thats what you would feel as the "tension"

Hardly. If you undergo a scan in an MRI scanner, which likely generates the most powerful magnetic field you'll ever experience as a human (except for those who work with particle accelerators maybe), you will not feel a thing. There's no such thing as "tension" or feeling of any kind caused by magnets.

Petrovski said:
[quote author=falcon101 link=1214861238/0#11 date=1214931153]About the magnets thing... Its hard to explain and that was one way i tried to explani this...  sort of like if you have thwe same oppisiteas and that resdistance you feel of the magnets, thats what you would feel as the "tension"

Hardly. If you undergo a scan in an MRI scanner, which likely generates the most powerful magnetic field you'll ever experience as a human (except for those who work with particle accelerators maybe), you will not feel a thing. There's no such thing as "tension" or feeling of any kind caused by magnets.[/quote]
if those are the scanners used in hospitals... they generate a magnetic field 30,000 times taht of earth's gravity...

good ol' mythbusters :D

rckstr -

your misinterprtting...

im giving an "example" of "the feeling" of the laser... not saying magnets do this....  you know when you put the same oppisites of a magnet to each other together they dont and have that force...

thats what this laser would feel like

EDIT: after reading frothychimp response on on micorwaves, maybe it was this, jake (the person that had this), mentioned laser.... but after seeing chimps post, it may have been this, or maybe that sound wave thing, however, I felt a burning/tingling orgasm feeling...to say the leastr... so i nkow it exists... just figuring out what it is, is the hard part

diachi

that is called BURNING its when your skin rapidly reacts with the oxygen in the air because of the high temeperatures caused by the energy from the laser.

falcon101 said:
rckstr -
EDIT: after reading frothychimp response on on micorwaves, maybe it was this, jake (the person that had this), mentioned laser....  but after seeing chimps post, it may have been this, or maybe that sound wave thing, however, I felt a burning/tingling orgasm feeling...to say the leastr... so i nkow it exists... just figuring out what it is, is the hard part

How does that fit with the article you've read about making on of these devices yourself? Or did your friend use an extracted microwave tube and exposed you to it? That would definitely give you a burning sensation, but it's not so good for your health either. And has nothing to do with lasers.

no, i read an aerticle about this, but  this person made one and gave sort of an orgasmand it tensed really hard of muslces... trying to figure out what it is....if it isnt a laser what sort of device would do this? has to be a laser

well i would think it would be sound rather than laser... directed of course like in the video...
the sound would be at a frequency that is resonant with our muscles or skin....and cause your muscles/skin to vibrate if strong enough

Ever tap a drum really hard and notice another drum started vibrating too? thats resonance...
so i'd assume it would work on the same principle

here is what i was talking about...
instructables.com/id/Transfer-Sound-on-a-Laser/
start with the world wide web letters to get there. i need 10 posts to to post links

but now i need to build it to see if i get trhe feeling and and orgasm feelings of heating/tingling/and warming i got from "laser" in question...

The laser in question can make me dizzy and not know where i am, ears ring lightly, tense muscles, etc...

Ill check it out and re post up results

EDIT: NIVERMIND this isnt the laser in question, however good info... SHOULD HAVE READ BEFORE/// LOOKED LIKE THE ARTICLE... IT WAS ON SOME HACKING WEBSITE SO I THOUGHT THIS WAS IT