Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Magnets + Lasers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace82

daguin said:
[quote author=Ace82 link=1210459881/75#78 date=1210689092]  We are not God’s

Speak only for yourself.

Peace,
dave
[/quote]

lol  ;D Nice!  

Ace82 said:
I would just like to say that this is a good thread.  :)

I was only attempting to explain a concept, an idea, that energy itself should be a state of matter, like liquids, solids, and gas.  And my little poor explanation of why is very vague. But that[ch8217]s also because I like to leave question to present this concept to the minds of others, and let them gather what they will.  And through energy, I believe magnets and lasers could form new technology because energy is what connects the magnet to the light.  

So to say, [ch8220]I do not believe[ch8221], does that mean that you have concluded it to be false, or that you simply have no reason to believe until it is proven?  Because after all, don[ch8217]t we mostly have the ability to choose what and what not to believe?  As human beings, we are terrible judges.  We are not God[ch8217]s with the ability to see the truth in every single thing in existence.  There are many things in this world that can be considered mystical.  My theory or [ch8220]belief[ch8221] is based on personal experiences, which can be explained very easily now, and it isn[ch8217]t even my phrase!  [ch8220]More then meets the eye[ch8221].  

Nikakapo, you of all people know the Force is real!   ;D

in MY world, it IS false. TO ME

in your world, your own mind it can be true to you.
i cant change that.

i have my justifications, everybody does. it's just that everybody chooses what to believe.

why does everybody call me nikAkapo? :(

just call me Niko!!..in the end, that's my name..

dude, of course, the force is there!!!!

and one more thing, it's not that i dont believe in it, i know it IS false (again, TO ME it is). but i also know that there are things science cant prove RIGHT NOW. for example, i think that a time machine could eventually be created.
i dont know how
i just know somebody will make a breakthrough and will develop concepts & stuff :) (yeah, STUFF).

its the same thing with the Atom

you have never seen an atom,
you cant see one NOW (disregarding those computer generated images and some experiments), but eventually technology will be able to "see" one.

Ace82

Well, although you disregarded a computer generated image, maybe the closes we will able to see:
atom.jpg

Sorry I got your name wrong, Niko :-[

Perhaps my mind has been too open at times, but I don't conclude absolutes until I KNOW. So just for clarification, I will say that I believe in the "Force", if you will, or the spiritual realm, or "energy plane" as far as I KNOW it exist. There has been many masters of this practice in the past, Bruce Lee being one of them, Buddha, Jesus, Gandhi etc. About healing people with touch or all the related STORIES, are just that to me, stories. My belief leaves room for possibility, like yours with the time machine. I have no thoughts about that though whatsoever because I have absolutely no experience or knowledge with anything of relations to such a thing.

Switch

I think the "Curandero" would be a healer in english :p And I thought CRTs go up to >120Hz :p

@ace-awesome: great. i do the same actually, i cant give my opinion until i know EVERY posture there is....if i have to critisize religion then i have to read or at least understand what they're trying to say.....its the same with everything.

switchez-b1tchez, you got that right, it is a healer :p

the refresh frequency can be 120Hz, but i was talking about seconds (T = period / F = frequency; T = 1/F & F = 1/T). period [seconds] & frequency [hertz]

:)!

oh, and ace: that could actually be how an atom looks like, i trust math and its perfection to even get to CALCULATE an atoms shape.. you know, it is a calculation, thats the evidence, but there's no image...i am not saying that the atom doesnt look like that (in fact i believe it should be like that....for now :p).

Switch

Maybe electrons aren't round :D But who knows...at least some atoms are definetly not round since their electrons' orbitals take all kinds of different shapes.For all I can say, that image could be totally wrong.I'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge can say for sure. :p
I thought 1Hz = 1 thingy per second(pulse, calculation, operation, whatever) :p
You said it does that 25 times per second, but to refresh 120 times per second it needs to do the whole operation 120 per second right? :-/ In this case the frequency is 120Hz and the period is T=1/120 (1 second divided by 120 refreshes = 0.008(3) sec, aka the duration to do one refresh) :-/ :-/

Ace82

You ever see MIB? An entire galaxy in the marble attached to a cat's collar. Maybe our universe is a single electron of an atom! :p

Switch, besides satellites, what has orbit that isn't (mostly) round?
-Curandero- Wow! I never knew there was such a word in the English language. Perhaps I should do more studding, because I'm sure these used to be more common before such vast pharmaceutical remedies!

electrons actually dont really have a shape. there are two main views of them.

1: the electron is a dimensionless particle with charge -e

2: the electron is a probability distribution of total charge -e

both dont actually work mathemagically so it's been swept under the rug for the time being, and by time being i mean the entire last century. electrons also dont really orbit the nucleus. they occupy "orbitals" which are basically probability distributions of their position as described by their wavefunctions. good old quantum mechanics.

@climbak: THANK YOU FOR JUMPING IN and giving your awesome answers :D.
Yes, atoms have orbits where electrons "can be found". orbitals are the place where it is most likely to find an electron, and they take different shapes, for example, orbitals S are "circular", orbitals P have 3 dimensions (x,y,z), orbitals D look like a gear....etc...

@ace-theamazingdude: Curandero is a word in Spanish, it does not exist in english. you will find it in wikipedia but you'll realize its still a spanish word. (but studding = studying ;D)

@switchez-b1tchez: yup, switch, 1/120Hz = 8*10^(-3) seconds = 8 ms :)

tomcat

super huge magnet 1billion tesla but weight of moon = the mass of it would bend the light not the magnatism
also a magnet that strong would pull ferrous metal from mars to here I/E the whole fukken thing !?!?

tomcat said:
super huge magnet 1billion tesla but weight of moon = the mass of it would bend the light not the magnatism
also a magnet that strong would pull ferrous metal from mars to here I/E the whole fukken thing !?!?

wut.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explain better please

L

likewhat

tomcat said:

The far field magnitude of a dipole is goes like radius^-3, since mars is over 1 billion meters away the strength at mars would be around 10^-30 of what it would be on the surface of the moon.

Bending light with magnets... when you find a photon with polarity, let me know ;D

Gravity bends space. Straight beams of light travel through space. You can't bend light without bending the fabric of the universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.