Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Maglite solitaire 405nm minibuild (picture heavy)

Hi guys, this is the first laser I've built. The unit dates around six months back, yet i never took pics cause no camera :cryyy:.

Finally I snapped and bought myself a camera on a shopping spree with my financial aid money... heh so i thought I'd share with you guys this little pointer since i believe its cute.
The unit is an Aixiz mini 405 whith lolidk output at 6V

As the title states, inside a Maglite Solitaire.

I was going to leave the plastic window of the flashlight to protect it against dust, but i found the material reflects violet light quite well and owns the brightness of an already dim diode... so i removed it

I removed the switch assembly and used a burr to expand the diameter in order to fit the module. Also, to remove the non-conductive anodization to make it case negative.

Luckily, this dremel burr has the exact same diameter as the module so i got a tight fit and the module has a good connection.

As battery souce i am using half of a 12v battery xD
The ones that have a bunch of 1.5v button cells inside them.

All that yields us this. I soldered a 5cent momentary microswitch for the luls. The button is made from a broken 1/8 tap.

Woot it lases.

I know many of you guys like to see the utmost detail in things, so i took two can shots.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Congratulations if you've red this far lolololo.
I guess i still have the new camera rush to take pics of everything. The laser has a very short battery life obviously, since they're primary button cells.

I could not find a small lithium or similar that outputs anywhere near six volts. Does anyone know of any? like a 10440 in half or so.
Next up, i will upload my PHR photos. Thanks for reading ;o

Nice build!
What's the output...?

Output wise, i have no idea since aixiz does not state it. I would say around 20mW

The 10180 looks like it fits, i can still move stuff around to accommodate something longer or by cutting the spring. However, using only 3.7v would diminish its power right?