Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

m140 or pltb450b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better? What do you mean--better in what way or ways--for what purpose?

All diodes lasers are poor quality compared to an ideal Gaussian laser beam
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaussian_beam

There are some pretty good single mode diodes, but an ideal Gaussian beam is hard to beat, very true.

However as the OP asked about a choice between 2 of our common, what I call ( Level 1 ) divergence diodes I offer the 7875 as a better choice for a ( Level 1 ) divergence diode, as far as power, the osram is slightly tighter but not by all that much.

If OP is looking for beam quality then a DPSS is much better, if color without concern for beam quality beyond the original mentioned diodes then M-462 or NDB7675.

Of the 2 OP asked about I say do a search and read, they are close, but for that divergence and those MM diodes why not get a 7875 ?

Last edited:
from only those 2 i would chose the pltb450b for the slightly better beam profile,but from all the diodes i agree with Redcowboy for the ndb7875 for the combo power-divergence

Last edited:
Hi,
My answer to yours , is not whats better I just prefer the PLTB450B diode. I built plenty with it . Divergence is up to you, but it still has a great beam profile. G2 for power 3element for divergence ..

Rich:)

Status
Not open for further replies.