Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LZSK - 532nm 100mW Focusable Green Laser

So blue burns better because it don't reflect as much? Interesting :) I have 3 sets of glasses for the 532 green. I'm talking about looking at the dot say on.a wall or building, even a half a mile away looking at the dot can hurt your eyes?

Coby

Looking at the dot that's half a mile away won't hurt your eyes unless you're shining at a reflector :p

You need to make sure you don't get a direct reflection to the eye.
When I had a 75mW green pointer I could just look at the dot on a wall that's like a few meters away without getting afterimages.

Ok that's what I was wondering. So is the rule of thumb if you get after images or see spots its probably hurting your eyes?

to a certain extent. retinal after image is always present. stare at your computer for 30 seconds and then close your eyes. you see the laptop still, right?
basically, just dont be dumb with a laser and your eyes.

did you try the leather test???

Makes sense. Haven't tried the wallet yet I'll play with it tonight. I also ordered LZTN - 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer, mostly because of the reviews saying how well it burns :)

My 532nm lasers have a lot more difficulty burning than any other laser I own. I guess most objects just happen to reflect it more.. Black rubbery stuff usually burns well, try the bottom of most mouse pads.

It usually isn't dangerous to look at the dot of a 100mW laser on a wall from some 30cm away. Unless the wall is highly reflective, of course ;)

Edit: if you want a low power burner I'd recommend a 405nm laser. Cheap and very effective!

Last edited:
I finnaly try it on my wallet and it burned pretty quick. I didnt realize the reflective end of.it all. Thanks for all the help guys.