Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

lucent optics 100mw green

just recieved lucent envee 100. i will not waste your time with videos of match ignition or balloon popping; you can see this on lucents website. i will tell you that their prodoct is first class and more powerfull than my dl 125 . i do not have coherent check yet but based on the lasers side by side the lucent wins. lucent is here in US, big plus. i would advise giving lucent more of your attention because maybe dl and wl slightly overstate power ratings. lucent 100 at $295 plus $5 shipping makes it a winner.

T

timelord

I see those and they've wet my taste buds bigtime, mainly because of the better divergance and epecially the 100% duty cycle. My question i will ask them is how do they want to get payed and do they ship to the UK. They state no credit cards and no paypal. I have paypal but i don't have a credit card only direct debit. :-?

Timelord said:
I see those and they've wet my taste buds bigtime, mainly because of the better divergance and epecially the 100% duty cycle. My question i will ask them is how do they want to get payed and do they ship to the UK. They state no credit cards and no paypal. I have paypal but i don't have a credit card only direct debit.  :-?

Hey TL, I just send you a PM about this you might be interested in.

And at the OP, I have to agree that these Envees are a really great deal. What I like the most is that unlike WL and DL, at the power levels they sell I would guess they are actually accurately testing their lasers, which is a lot more than I can say about most sellers (though I think they still hype up the divergence a little bit). As someone who purchases direct from CNI on occasion also, and has gotten this exact model from CNI myself, I can tell you that the prices they are offering are about the best deals around. Not that I don't have my occasional complaints about this model laser, but at those prices, lucentoptics is offering a killer deal one way or another.

T

timelord

Pseudo i see your review on the Lucent laser over on the Wicked Lasers forum while CLOAKED with proxy LOL. All i can say is it looks very good, and also i noticed that Nexus (Steve boss of Wicked lasers) passed comment on your review asking if Lucent do guarantees. Did you find out if Lucent do guarantees??

Timelord said:
Pseudo i see your review on the Lucent laser over on the Wicked Lasers forum while CLOAKED with proxy LOL. All i can say is it looks very good, and also i noticed that Nexus (Steve boss of Wicked lasers) passed comment on your review asking if Lucent do guarantees. Did you find out if Lucent do guarantees??  

Proctor AKA Ken Allen actually wrote the review based on a sample unit received from lucentoptics, but as he has been banned I posted it for him. That used to be the caption, though it had been deleted for a few hours based on Nero's personal grudge against Proctor. I have since fixed this in my post, though I don't know if it will last.

Someone did add to the post that there is a 4 month warranty from lucentoptics. I'm not sure if the warranty will really be that long as the inventory continues to sit around (if it is), but the owner started off doing group buys over at CPF, and I'm sure he'd help you out with a warranty through CNI if needed. Steve mentioned having units that he could not RMA with CNI in a way that made it sound like CNI will not honor their warranties. However the true case is that the lasers are not spec'd for what WL sold them as, and so if a laser was just underpowered (as most were), it would be stuck with WL, although WL seemed to send those out anyways if they were in decent condition. I expect DL will be a similar case.

With the Envees, they are obviously still choosing the better units from the lot, spec'ing them higher, and charging for it, but the degree to which they do this is much smaller and any problems would likely be covered under CNI's warranty. Only problem is that the CNI warranty is 6 months from the date CNI ships the lasers to lucent, so you don't really know how long you have left if the lasers have been sitting in inventory for a while.

T

timelord

WOW this must be the third time proctor got banned. ::) As for nero well he was the man who gave me a temporary ban for a weekend just for having a pop at prowling panther. LOL as he kept PM-ing me with abuse so i flamed him on the forum LOL.
Thanks for that reply Carter and you've cleared a lot up over here. Also please let me know how Lucent treat you with the replacement as you said it had a TEM001 problem.
Cheers mate :cool:

The TEM01 unit actually isn't mine. I haven't dealt with lucentoptics direct ever as I get these units at a slightly lower price when I place my orders with the manufacturer. Proctor's review unit is the one with the TEM01 issue and he tells me they will be getting him a replacement soon. If he doesn't himself, I'll post about it when he has more info on the replacement.

T

timelord

Nice one mate i'll look forward to that ;) From what i can make out so far Lucent seem to care about what send out to people, i'm gonna get the 100mw one in the next few weeks when my nasty xmas bills are cleared LOL. So when i do i'll put it through it's paces and do a few video too. :cool:

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
Nice one mate i'll look forward to that  ;) From what i can make out so far Lucent seem to care about what send out to people, i'm gonna get the 100mw one in the next few weeks when my nasty xmas bills are cleared LOL. So when i do i'll put it through it's paces and do a few video too.  :cool:

I look forward to seeing the vids ! :cool:

T

timelord

I will post them when i get the laser for sure  :cool: They're are temporarily out of stock as i post this but by the time they have them in stock i will have my funds sorted out. Christmas is a bitch but it only comes once a year LOL.......... :p

S

SenKat

randall158 said:
lucent does take paypal

Oh no - I am DOOOOMED ! I will have NO MONEY for sure ! These dang companies need to STOP accepting PayPal ! It's not fair ! I'm gonna have to live off of mac & cheese with "red" hotdogs thrown in ! ::) I will live in a box ! Hmmmm.....hope it has black writting on it so I can still have fun ! :cool: