Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LSX Abstract show "Foil"

Here's a new abstract show I've been working on. The music is the Autechre song "Foil". LSX, EtherDream DAC, and my homemade projector.

As always, feedback is appreciated. ;)

hey n2stuff, thanks for the kudos! these are fun shows to make, even through they're pretty time consuming.

i think LSX and a laser projector pretty much makes the best video game ever.

WOW Swami Another hypnotic abstract show awesome:gj:

Someday I have to get a PJ. The reke 500 with slow galvos is just not enough. Keep the videos coming Swami:bowdown:

i'm only running this show at 30kpps. you should be able you upgrade to some cheap pt's or dt's in your reke and do things like this.

Someday I have to get a PJ. The reke 500 with slow galvos is just not enough. Keep the videos coming Swami:bowdown:

SWAMI!! you are the bomb!!

this and your oher YTube vids should inspire all the handheld boiz to get real and DIY a PJ....

Hope to see this one and also "Pump Up The Volume" at the next LEM--

+3 to your rep....Len

see all his vids at YouTube- they rock and he did them himself- not an easy thing at all--he has talent to spare!!

thanks Len!

i'm really looking forward to getting out to a LEM. i didn't have time/money to hit the latest ones. i'm really looking forward to seeing my stuff on a big white light argon rig instead of my home made projector. i'll prolly just sit and drool for a while. ;)

here's the link to my youtube channel:

swamidog's channel - YouTube

the hardest part about making these shows is finding the time.

SWAMI!! you are the bomb!!

this and your oher YTube vids should inspire all the handheld boiz to get real and DIY a PJ....

Hope to see this one and also "Pump Up The Volume" at the next LEM--

+3 to your rep....Len

see all his vids at YouTube- they rock and he did them himself- not an easy thing at all--he has talent to spare!!

Hey Swami
I know your PJ is self built but what DAC and software are you using? Plus any other bits and peices. Your work has got me wanting to go down this road.

Thanks

hi n2stuff,

i'm using drlava's LSX (Laser Show Express) show software:

LaserShow Xpress Laser Show Software

and j4cbo's EtherDream DAC:

Ether Dream

if you are interested, there are some bundles on ebay:

LSX/EtherDream Laser Show Projector Controller Suite, Basic + LaserCam Software | eBay

please note, i have nothing to do with the selling of either of the products, and i make no commission. i'm just a happy customer and i like to support new ideas and products.

Hey Swami
I know your PJ is self built but what DAC and software are you using? Plus any other bits and peices. Your work has got me wanting to go down this road.

Thanks

Thanks for the links Swami. The feebay package looks like a good deal. But will the good doctor Lava support his software? I see him on PL but not here anymore for the flex drive. So now I need to read read read and start saving up for all the goodies. Also my wallet hates you:crackup:
Thanks Again

i can only speak from my personal experience...

drlava has been quite active on photonlexicon and he's in the photonlexicon IRC chat frequently.

he's also been excellent at incorporating requested new features into LSX and doing bug fixes.

Thanks for the links Swami. The feebay package looks like a good deal. But will the good doctor Lava support his software? I see him on PL but not here anymore for the flex drive. So now I need to read read read and start saving up for all the goodies. Also my wallet hates you:crackup:
Thanks Again