Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

FrozenGate by Avery

LPF's Other Hobbies

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Was wondering what other hobbies as well as lasers the LPF membership is into. Think we had a thread like this a while back, but many members have come and gone since then, so time to do it again. :cool:

If there are any hobby crossovers that are very common or popular, maybe we can add a section here on LPF for it like we have for Flashlights, LEDs, and Non Coherent Lights. :cool:

Other hobbies I am into:

Amateur Astronomy
Photography
Anime Drawing/Anime Figure/Merch Collecting

Last edited:

Astronomy - I have amateur pictures of Jupiter, Saturn, Venus and an attempt of Mars

Technology - I’m a school technician so it’s only natural I’m into technology and material processes. 3D printing, CNC, Laser cutting etc.

Minerology and Gemology (my current big one asides lasers) - My recent obsession includes getting ore materials for different periodic elements, collecting minerals usually with optical phenomena, and collecting the rarest gemstones on Earth (both rough and faceted)

Minerology has a crossover with lasers as many lab created crystals are based on natural occurring minerals but with slight tweaks to dopings or chemical formulas. Examples like YAG (Garnet), Ti:Sapphire (Corundum), Ruby (Corundum), Alexandrite (Chrysoberyl)

Last edited:

Back