Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPF Forum "Movie"

I was thinking about making an LPF forum movie, before I get into details I want to show you guys an example of a forum movie about a pyro forum I used to go to:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrsR39x7sio[/media]
If we posted it on youtube we could probably get a good chunk of hits and show people interested in lasers what the LPF is all about. We probably wouldn't make it as long as that example video, but we could put some of the best videos posted here on this forum into the forum video. Should we try something like this? Do you guys have any ideas of what we should put into it?

Here are the current ideas so far:

Music Suggestions: Rob D - Clubbed To Death

First video Clip Suggestions: None suggested yet

Time: Maybe around 2 minutes or so

Users who have granted permission for us to use in the video: styropyro, abadcaffinetrip, nikokapo, FireMyLaser, amkdeath, MarioMaster

We want to put some variety in this video, like huge green lasers, some open can DIYs, A few CO2 clips, a blu ray clip or two, a couple exotic colors, laser scanners, and just general laser clips that are some of the best of our forum. We want these clips to show everybody what we are about.

Awesome Video! i think it would be a great idea! but ya i dont think it should be that long maybe 2-4 mins. we would need to get some videos of real powerful lasers and maybe through in a few gas lasers also.

If we could get everybody's permission to use to use movies from this forum, we could make a pretty sweet video!

o ya i know this is a no brainier but we need to put some clips of a RGB Scanner in action in the video

I voted yes!
A laser projector is a must, Andy_con got a nice one.
I don't have any good videos though :-[

Razako

Sounds like a cool idea. There could be a forum video competition and then combine the winning videos.

Switch

I think it's an excellent idea!! Like some sort of LPF advertising on youtube and metacafe and others :D
We can make it better than that one though...Shorter and more to the point.Showing off powerful handhelds, DIY burners and blu-ray's , some clips of Cyparagon's and Schrecken's(I hope that's right) CO[sub]2[/sub] lasers, some vids of nice laser shows, some pics, and maybe some titles/subtitles to assist the images and clips :p

I can do all of the editing. Good idea Switch about posting it on other websites too. On Metacafe we probably wouldn't get any money for it, but we should post it there anyway for advertising. But what should we do for the first video clip in the movie? We need to think of the most amazing short laser clip on here.

What about music? No Metal/Screamo (as much as I may like it!) because "scary" music is a big turnoff in a video. Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks for the permission abadcaffinetrip!

Only if I could add multiple polls to this topic because I can see a lot of things we will need to vote on...

BTW I edited the first post in this topic to show our ideas.

I think that anyone who want there pics and vids in the movie should post them here first. When we got enough, so can we start a new poll.

Switch

Music should be something instrumental, not too rough but not too boring eighter.Lack of lyrics will let more attention focused on the actual image , aswell as the titles, IMO :p (Besides, you're not gonna find any song with very relevant lyrics anyway ::) )

As the first clip...hmm.....the single most amazing laser clip that has to immediately capture the attention of the average soon to be laser enthusiast..... :-/ I'm not sure....I guess a fast cigarette lighting (with a RPL-400...that should do it) or a laser lighting something explosive.Of course , a good image quality, good visibility of the laser unit itself aswell as of what exactly is happening.AND of course, lots of smoke/fog for best beam visibility.

i think it'd be great
u can use anything i've posted or what u want, if u want i can take pics of my dx 30 but i assume there are enough videos and stuff about it..

a scanner, liquid sky and some multiple coloured beam videos would do for one video

maybe some playing with gratings and popping balloons and match lightings..

music for the video?
i suggest using Rob D - Clubbed To Death

(that's one of Matrix's tracks)

Switch said:
Music should be something instrumental, not too rough but not too boring eighter.Lack of lyrics will let more attention focused on the actual image , aswell as the titles, IMO :p (Besides, you're not gonna find any song with very relevant lyrics anyway ::) )

As the first clip...hmm.....the single most amazing laser clip that has to immediately capture the attention of the average soon to be laser enthusiast..... :-/ I'm not sure....I guess a fast cigarette lighting (with a RPL-400...that should do it) or a laser lighting something explosive.Of course , a good image quality, good visibility of the laser unit itself aswell as of what exactly is happening.AND of course, lots of smoke/fog for best beam visibility.
A laser lighting something explosive...Some homemade black powder could do the trick here. I have some left from my pyro days, it is super easy to light with a laser too. I don't have any huge greenies like an RPL or Herc though, my biggest will be a 130mW CNI that I will be getting next week, so we are probably gonna need another forum member that is a pyromaniac unless the CNI could make a good video. For an example of the black powder being lit with the laser, here is an example. Of course we would need a greenie and some fog instead of a DIY red, and a better shot with the laser in the camera's view.

And we don't have to do an explosive scene, I'm sure there are a ton of other candidates for the opening clip.

Switch

i suggest using Rob D - Clubbed To Death
LOL that's what I used in my laser vid, sooo needless to say that I agree ::)
That blackpowder makes a big bang :D But I don't know....it needs to be something that captures the most attention...something easy to figure out what it is, that will make people be like "no way!" :p

A sh*tload of laser beams should do it, possibly from a scanner outside on a foggy night.

A scary fast match light could do it too, have a row of matches and light them as fast as possible with a big greenie...man the possibilities are endless. That way people would know what is being lit on fire by the laser.

what about dividing the screen into 2 and on the left, matches, on the right, balloons.
let the destroying begin.

then, some BIG-ass scanner, turn the camera to a flashy liquid sky and end it with some tape cutting or more destroying

(the division of the screen will make the viewer want to see both things that are happening, thus making him go back and see it all over again)