Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

LPF arguments post here

lol no, M21A extension tubes aren’t made by convoy, I’ve never seen them.

Convoy makes them for the C8, idk why you’re posting pics of the battery adapter tubes for the 18350 batteries ? I’m taking about running 2- 18650 in series lol

And lmfao, yeah, an internal fan, blowing all that hot air around, great idea. So tiny and completely useless..
Amak you probably don't mean to but you are starting arguments with how you say things. I don't want to have to start regulating your posts. There are ways to word things without insulting or speaking in a condescending manner. If you think someone is doing something that is completely meaningless just offer a suggestion or something. Please respect and get along with other members.

Then use a hidden internal fan and a host that takes more than 2 "18350" cells instead of the Frankenstein looking build you made that runs for 3 minutes:rolleyes:
Plus a better LPM than that Pocket Meter and why would you put the laser tip right up against the sensor.. :whistle:

Extension battery tubes for the M21A hosts are out there on the sights that you pay less than $10 for the hosts.
lol, my single 30mm fan cooled, 8W+ laser in the C8 host, can run for over 10 minutes and maintain above 7W the entire time. Powered by 2- 18350 batteries.. stop making things up man.

You need help man. I haven’t said 1 thing about your builds or lack there of, but you find it funny to insult my builds, even though they perform great, no failures, no complaints..

Just stop dude:. Stop wasting my time. I’m done with responding to your childish comments.

Amak you probably don't mean to but you are starting arguments with how you say things. I don't want to have to start regulating your posts. There are ways to word things without insulting or speaking in a condescending manner. If you think someone is doing something that is completely meaningless just offer a suggestion or something. Please respect and get along with other members.

I’m not starting an argument, I’m trying to end it.

What did I say that’s condescending? He can insult my builds and make up things ? But then you call me out for
, what? I’m not going to sit there and let him talk Shi+ about my builds and make false statements about it. If you look, I was just talking to Loredarkshade, and GSS butts in with personal remarks against me.. I didn’t even mention him but it’s ok for him to bring up completely irrelevant information just cuz ?

Alright listen and this is for all of you, if you got an issue you report it to either me or earsandeggs. We are the mods. Continuing pages of bickering and going nowhere with each other is not only a waste of time but it pollutes the forum. We have the fight club for it and I have already moved posts there. I will not say it again. Do not continue this line of petty bickering outside of the fightclub again or I will start handing timeouts. Is that clear?

Alright listen and this is for all of you, if you got an issue you report it to either me or earsandeggs. We are the mods. Continuing pages of bickering and going nowhere with each other is not only a waste of time but it pollutes the forum. We have the fight club for it and I have already moved posts there. I will not say it again. Do not continue this line of petty bickering outside of the fightclub again or I will start handing timeouts. Is that clear?
Again, I didn’t start this in this thread or the last one. I’m simply replying.. I didn’t even mention him yet he came in the thread and started commenting about me and my builds lol. Trust me, I’m done with replying to him. If anything, my replies to him are correcting his comments and made up information

Last warning. Keep the bickering here in this thread and subforum fightclub

lol no, M21A extension tubes aren’t made by convoy, I’ve never seen them.

Convoy makes them for the C8, idk why you’re posting pics of the battery adapter tubes for the 18350 batteries ? I’m taking about running 2- 18650 in series lol

And lmfao, yeah, an internal fan, blowing all that hot air around, great idea. So tiny and completely useless..
You know the NUB44/47 with the SXD driver can run with 3 cells, don't know if its the diode or driver or both but why not have a little extra run time on your M21A builds. I don't know if your diodes/driver setup can take the 12V of 3 cells? I'm curious why it matters if Convoy doesn't make them, or you just never saw them.

There have been many builds with internal fans. They were vented on the side I think. I would think blowing the fan directly on the back of the diode would work best plus its a nice clean look..
Thats just my opinion.

Amak, look at Laserglow Hercules models. They have a 1W 532 with a internal fan. I believe it has cooling holes and vents.

Ok read that you saw my adapter pics on another thread..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-08 040622.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-08 040622.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2024-10-08 055828.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-08 055828.png
    569.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You know the NUB44/47 with the SXD driver can run with 3 cells, don't know if its the diode or driver or both but why not have a little extra run time on your M21A builds. I don't know if your diodes/driver setup can take the 12V of 3 cells? I'm curious why it matters if Convoy doesn't make them, or you just never saw them.

There have been many builds with internal fans. They were vented on the side I think. I would think blowing the fan directly on the back of the diode would work best plus its a nice clean look..
Thats just my opinion.

Amak, look at Laserglow Hercules models. They have a 1W 532 with a internal fan. I believe it has cooling holes and vents.

Ok read that you saw my adapter pics on another thread..
Again. Go ahead and show me where these battery extension tubes are for the M21A host, because your pictures are showing the 18350 battery tube which isn’t an extension, it’s a replacement part for the existing 18650 battery tube for the S2+.

The only battery tube EXTENSIONS offered from Convoy, are for the C8/C8+ hosts, and they have a 15mm tube extension for the L series.

The laser I made with the fan mounted on top of the heatsink, was a 1-off product. It’s a 30mm high speed fan. I’ve seen plenty of builds with fans on the inside/backside of the heatsink… which have all been tiny little fans that aren’t going to do much cooling, even if there’s vent holes, it doesn’t mean air will flow in and out of them. You keep comparing my build to others, show me something you built, instead of mentioning other builds that you don’t even know all the details about..

I had purchased 3 SXD drivers a while back, and used them for different things, but they’re not ideal for what I’m doing. Another reason why I’m posting the remaining lasers I have, because I’m going to be using a new host, and dropping a line of high power hand-helds.

The SXD driver is great for when you don’t have a lot of room, but even then, it will require alot of heat sinking, and atleast 2 batteries.

Just wait for my new line of lasers, then you can critique them some more. I haven’t seen anyone on here use the heatsink method I have implemented for my high power line.

And fyi, here’s the battery tube extension for the C8/C8+. The extension tubes have male/female ends, the adapters have male/male.IMG_5676.jpeg

For the C8/C8+/M21A host, I’ll be phasing that host out for a new version.

And for higher power lasers, I’ll be using the M21G host for the 9mm diodes, and either the L6/L7 or 4x18/3x21 series for my NUBB23 line. Once I complete the first NUBB23 handheld, which will be over 30W, I’ll be making a slightly higher power version with a custom/modified diode.

I just did more testing on using Beam Expanders with the collimated NUBB23, and it works perfectly, I can’t wait to test with some larger BEs. And I’m also going to be testing the beam output with the collimating lens array removed, so I can use my own lens arrangement to allow for a larger BE

I guess I was wrong. If you look up top I searched for the M21a extension tubes and these popped up, I saw the different looking size end threads and assumed and didn't read further..

I have built some and bought more. I am not a good at soldering because I have a essential tremor that comes and goes and I don't want to risk ruining expensive parts.
Its a shame because I have access to a inlaws family EE company's shop.
Doesn't mean I haven't seen enough to know some.

Actually there have been a few outside fan builds posted here.

Last edited:
@GSS
I'm sorry to hear about your health condition.
Strength and courage, it's always needed in life.
Thanks Night L.
It's not debilitating condition.
It's just something thats hereditary that I got from my Father. It is a annoyance more than anything and embarrassing at times.
I also almost certainly raise the Police attention in the times I have been pulled over.
Usually I get the "your making nervous with your shaking" response when I hand over my paperwork LOL..

The hand tremor isn't always happening, it comes and goes but mostly its on. People that don't notice it at first and then do will scream out
"Stop That Shaking" or "Your Drinking To Much Coffee".
Like screaming at me will help :whistle:

Thanks Night L.
It's not debilitating condition.
It's just something thats hereditary that I got from my Father. It is a annoyance more than anything and embarrassing at times.
I also almost certainly raise the Police attention in the times I have been pulled over.
Usually I get the "your making nervous with your shaking" response when I hand over my paperwork LOL..

The hand tremor isn't always happening, it comes and goes but mostly its on. People that don't notice it at first and then do will scream out
"Stop That Shaking" or "Your Drinking To Much Coffee".
Like screaming at me will help :whistle:
Well, it's hereditary, luckily you said it's not debilitating, which is just an embarrassing annoyance for those who don't know you, to the police when they stop you, give them your documents with the other hand, or have your GP write a paper, in which he attests to your little problem, no one should be allowed to say things *before* knowing, including the police, it would be much more professional and polite to ask *excuse me why do you have this hand tremor?*, but they are policemen, so they have to act tough.

To the people who notice, you can say, * stop it you tell me?, do you know who you're talking to? I am the inventor of the TV series TREMORS*, you'll see that everything will end in a big laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: GSS

Back