Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LPC-826 Diode

Hey, I am planning on building a laser with the LPC-826 diode. I have seen many different prices, and many different models of the diode. I was wondering where I could buy the real LPC-826 diode, and not a falsely labeled LPC-815. The cheaper, the better. I am not looking to spend a lot of money on such a small build.
Does this look legit? Mitsubishi LPC 826 660nm 300mW 400mW CW Red Laser Diode 1 Pcs | eBay
All help is greatly appreciated:thanks:
Also, could I use one of the lenses included with these housings, or do I need a three element? http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-12x40mm-5-6mm-TO-18-Laser-Diode-Metal-Housing-w-Lens-/191584221382

Last edited:

You know you can get an LPC-840 for under $9.00 now. I was just looking at one before I saw this thread. Might want to look into it as they are rated at 400mW CW. You should be able to squeeze more than that out of it.

Edit: that 826 is rated at 300 max CW.

Last edited:
Well I'm feeling generous today. If you PM me and send me the Shipping cost I'll send you one and a aixiz driver Free of charge. I can even press the diode into a module for you if you want also free of charge. I bought a set of 5 but I don't see myself needing them anymore. Any soldering will need to be done by you however.
Module will come with a lens that comes from 0-like.

Last edited:
Well I'm feeling generous today. If you PM me and send me the Shipping cost I'll send you one and a aixiz driver Free of charge. I can even press the diode into a module for you if you want also free of charge. I bought a set of 5 but I don't see myself needing them anymore. Any soldering will need to be done by you however.
Module will come with a lens that comes from 0-like.

If the OP doesn't take you up on this, I would be interest in doing a cheap build with one of these diodes. I've seen them on eb@y, but don't know how well they work, since they jump around in price. Even if you're thinking of getting rid of the ones you have, I may be able to buy them from you.

If the OP doesn't take you up on this, I would be interest in doing a cheap build with one of these diodes. I've seen them on eb@y, but don't know how well they work, since they jump around in price. Even if you're thinking of getting rid of the ones you have, I may be able to buy them from you.
I have 3 more I can let go of for free. I'm going to keep the one I already soldered. I basically used it as practice before putting together my 638nm 700mw, 462nm 2w, and the very expensive 520nm 1w. Wasn't going to touch those until I was sure I could get the lpc to lase. Feel free to pm me and we can work something out. I really only want the price of shipping.

Come to think about it I'll give you both one and hold on to the others incase you both end up needing a replacement. Then probably give the others out once someone else needs one and your both lasing.

I have 3 more I can let go of for free. I'm going to keep the one I already soldered. I basically used it as practice before putting together my 638nm 700mw, 462nm 2w, and the very expensive 520nm 1w. Wasn't going to touch those until I was sure I could get the lpc to lase. Feel free to pm me and we can work something out. I really only want the price of shipping.

Come to think about it I'll give you both one and hold on to the others incase you both end up needing a replacement. Then probably give the others out once someone else needs one and your both lasing.

PM incoming! :)

I'll be shipping Philipd7 out tomorrow. Waiting on address of Chrisbee to send his as well. Next one assuming the first two are lasing is earmarked for Trendkilla.
Hope you guys enjoy/learn from the builds.

Better they get used than sit around and eventually get throw away. I may or may not have a problem with purchasing too much if its a good deal.