Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Low enough of a Wavelength to cause danger?

Hey guys,

As most of you all know im a huge LaserGlow fan, I enjoy their products and don't mind paying the pretty penny for a TRUE <5mW pointer, since that's exactly what I want :D

Anyway, I remember reading on LPF awhile back that short wavelengths aren't good for the body to be exposed to for too long. I have a couple questions about this:

1)Is my 473nm dangerous in anyway? Or is the wavelength still too "long"?
And...
2) I plan on purchasing their 447nm Hydra around Christmas! Is 447nm still relatively safe?

Thank you very much for your time,

-Alex

I remember reading on LPF awhile back that short wavelengths aren't good for the body to be exposed to for too long.

Do you know what white light is made of? You view huge amounts of blue light every day, and there's nothing you can do about it.

UV is where light begins to be dangerous, and even then, UVA (320-400nm) is still relatively harmless.

Do you know what white light is made of? You view huge amounts of blue light every day, and there's nothing you can do about it.

UV is where light begins to be dangerous, and even then, UVA (320-400nm) is still relatively harmless.

Got it, thanks Cyparagon! I know white light is made of all colors being combined together I believe :p

-Alex