Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lots of ebay sales of lasers... should I worry?

Re: Lots of ebay sales of lasers... should I worry

First.... sorry about misspelling your name... :-[

Frothy.... I thought along the same lines that if Laser parts were sold on eBay
in a non functioning non assembled state or with some part missing that it would
be legal... just like the Laser Diode manufacturers that sell High powered LDs but
in a non functioning state (not to say defective) but non functioning as is.
The LD is in good operable condition but does not function without other parts when
shipped.....

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.... ;)

Jerry

i think im gunna lay a rest to this then. ive made some pretty pennies. Dont want to get in any deeper than i need to be. Thanks guys.

maxh

Hmmm... So what about the companies that sell high powered lasers from their website? This thread seems to have focused somewhat on the ebay part of the issue. Breaking an ebay policy is no big deal, but breaking a federal law is. How is this guy selling high powered lasers on ebay different than Wicked Lasers, etc. selling them from their website? I'm asking this as a serious question; no rhetoric here, I'm really curious.

That's just it... Illegal is illegal everywhere in the USA...

Jerry

JLSE

If he lives in the US, he is within reach of the people whom govern this type of stuff. :-/

WL being China IIRC, gives them a bit of leverage, not too mention the lawyers they must have. :p

There are a lot of lasers out there and there are an awful lot of stupid people out there...
How come I never read in the paper or hear on the news about some guy being permanently or even temporarily blinded by some rogue laser user?

I read all the time about some Darwin Award winner sticking his tongue in a light socket or getting his johnson stuck in a hot tub jet, but never "Local man blinds neighbor with illegally modified laser pointer purchased from Ebay..."

Given the easy ownership of high powerd lasers and the average IQ of our population being about 100, shouldn't we be seeing at least as many misadventures with lasers as we do pneumatic nail guns?
TM_NailGunXrays.jpg

Just curious.

SuicideKing said:
There are a lot of lasers out there and there are an awful lot of stupid people out there...
How come I never read in the paper or hear on the news about some guy being permanently or even temporarily blinded by some rogue laser user?

I read all the time about some Darwin Award winner sticking his tongue in a light socket or getting his johnson stuck in a hot tub jet, but never "Local man blinds neighbor with illegally modified laser pointer purchased from Ebay..."

Given the easy ownership of high powerd lasers and the average IQ of our population being about 100, shouldn't we be seeing at least as many misadventures with lasers as we do pneumatic nail guns?
TM_NailGunXrays.jpg

Just curious.

i certainly hope not.