Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for wall mountable laser system (Small profile)

jedgar8585

I have a room that contains about 2000 square bins that house different types of inventory. I'm looking for a small, wall mountable laser system that I can control by my inventory software that will highlight the bin that the person is looking for after selecting it in the inventory system. This will speed up collection of the items in the bins that inventory needs to be pulled from. Is there any such laser system?

This is a hobby site not an industrial solutions composium but maybe someone can help....... although we do get a lot of bored kids trolling.....

Why not use an alpha-numeric system ? 2000 bins would be what ....45 by 45 or so.......Rows A - Z then AA, BB, CC and so on.....then columns 1 - 45 so an order picker would look up widget in bin FF32 and know just where to go.......why re invent something so simple ?

If you don't want to wire in lights use RF addressable battery powered markers, led markers should have a long battery service life.

I wouldn't even use a 1mw laser that could strike any employee in their eyes, you talk about highlighting 2000 containers ( one at a time ).......hell you would need different color lasers for different order pickers.......sorry but it sounds like a dumb idea.

Last edited:

jedgar8585

What it is actually for is a Wine Cellar. For me, as I am a beginning wine maker and building my wine cellar, I want my inventory software to highlight the bin the chosen wine bottle is in. The software would be available to wineries, restaurants and other wine collectors so that bottles can be identified by the Somm's and the assistants can get the wines easily. My original idea was to have addressable LED's that would light up but that would have been a wiring nightmare. Having something that will identify the bin visually is something we want to add for uniqueness

I do want to look into the RF addressable battery powered markers. Do you have any links that I can read up on what they are?

Giannis_TDM

What it is actually for is a Wine Cellar. For me, as I am a beginning wine maker and building my wine cellar, I want my inventory software to highlight the bin the chosen wine bottle is in. The software would be available to wineries, restaurants and other wine collectors so that bottles can be identified by the Somm's and the assistants can get the wines easily. My original idea was to have addressable LED's that would light up but that would have been a wiring nightmare. Having something that will identify the bin visually is something we want to add for uniqueness

I do want to look into the RF addressable battery powered markers. Do you have any links that I can read up on what they are?
Hey, I suggest setting up LEDs for each barrel. Search for a company that can do it for you. 2000 White 0.5w LEDs shouldn't cost that much.

gazer101

Lasers are too dangerous if this is something you plan on licensing, try going for battery-powered LED blinkers.

Or if that's too simple for you, you could use computer vision combined with your inventory software and implement it into an AR app that allows people to see where the wine barrel is using their phone camera (like Pokemon Go)