Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for the best laser safety glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Hello guys

I work as police officer and given that there are too many idiots using high powered laser pointers as toys, flashing them at us or at car drivers or in public, I am looking for the best laser safety glasses. There have been several people permanently injured lately therefore I am a bit concerned and willing to pay up to $1,000 but if I can save better.

I may need at least 2 pairs and likely some of my mates will buy them too.

I also wonder if is possible to be protected by all different laser pointers with just one pair of glasses or not, or if some manufacturer can create one as long as I will be able to drive while wearing them.

I need pretty much to be protected by at least:

405 nm
445 nm
532 nm
589 nm yellow
635 nm – better red laser pointers, same power subjectively twice as bright as 650 nm
650–660-671 nm – cheap red laser pointers
plus infrared I think, you tell me...what else?

I don't care if wearing the safety glasses I could only see black and white or little light, as long as my eyes are protected.

On ebay Chinese sellers are selling high powered laser pointers often by misleading buyers with false item descriptions, where they claim that power is less them 5mW, while in reality they are 10 or 100 times more powerful and easily burn plastic or paper so some kids really have no idea what they are playing with, unfortunately.

Thank you

Hi,
I'm this forum Police officer and you're just got banned, brother "tassie"..

This thread is closed..

Status
Not open for further replies.