Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for RGB laser

Shiiru

Hello,
I'm looking for an RGB laser, in nice host.
Post the offers below please :)
Thanks

Last edited:

Your options are
  1. The sanwu linked above (I own one but haven't made a review yet)
  2. O like/laserpointerstore's budget option (Review)
  3. Building one yourself
RGB is excessively difficult to pull off in a handheld, sanwu has a high price representative of the quality they offer. The price is what it is for the functionality available, the alignment, and the (lack of) maintenance needed.

Shiiru

Your options are
  1. The sanwu linked above (I own one but haven't made a review yet)
  2. O like/laserpointerstore's budget option
  3. Building one yourself
RGB is excessively difficult to pull off in a handheld, sanwu has a high price representative of the quality they offer. The price is what it is for the functionality available, the alignment, and the (lack of) maintenance needed.
I’m also looking for some private builds that are for sale.
Is the laserpointerstore’s any good or it won’t work longer than 2 weeks?

I don't mean to burst your bubble but you won't find a complete private build for sale. It's a lot of work to invest into a project that may or may not sell, or even work out at all.

The cheapo one is supposed to last more than two weeks. Mine didn't. Assuming mine was a fluke-- You still get what you pay for. If you're only looking to get white and magenta, maybe it's perfect for you? You get 7 colors, so that means no fine tuning to get yellow, orange, mint green, pink, etc. White balance was off, mine was kinda on the blue side but I'd still call it white, just cool white. The alignment was a bit sketchy as it was easy to see the component colors.

The green diode died in two weeks. I didn't attempt to send back and replace or buy another, it's on my bench waiting to get dismantled to see if I can replace the diode myself, though I haven't found the time to do it yet. There's a ton of glue to get past...

Shiiru

I don't mean to burst your bubble but you won't find a complete private build for sale. It's a lot of work to invest into a project that may or may not sell, or even work out at all.

The cheapo one is supposed to last more than two weeks. Mine didn't. Assuming mine was a fluke-- You still get what you pay for. If you're only looking to get white and magenta, maybe it's perfect for you? You get 7 colors, so that means no fine tuning to get yellow, orange, mint green, pink, etc. White balance was off, mine was kinda on the blue side but I'd still call it white, just cool white. The alignment was a bit sketchy as it was easy to see the component colors.

The green diode died in two weeks. I didn't attempt to send back and replace or buy another, it's on my bench waiting to get dismantled to see if I can replace the diode myself, though I haven't found the time to do it yet. There's a ton of glue to get past...
How is the sanwu rgb?

It's fantastic - The only complaints I have are nitpicky. The red diode they used has some artifacts around the spot, the color cycle mode has a very small range between pulsing and SOS mode, and the battery compartment is too long for most of my 18650s.

Encap

(y) Exactly. 100%

It would cost you 2X the cost of the Sanwu RGB hand held to have someone build you a RGB hand held and it would be much bigger in size and not as well proven either...--there are a lot of serious technical and technique/build challanges in creating and building a compact hand held RGB.

Sanwu put a lot of Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation - time and money into inplementing their RGB hand held design to make it operationally superior , stable and warrantable excellent product at a relatively affordable price Small production of units for a very small niche retail market. People who have they are lucky Sanwu bothered with all the production requirements at all. Really not much moey in making and offering them.
Still it is very expensive as hand held lasers go for the general laser enthusiast retail market.
I have to say they did an excellent job all things considered.

Eve if you wanted on of the Sanwu units and had all the money set aside ready to go for one you would have to wait a while now. Sanwu posted on their web site just today:

"8 Feb, 2019
New order shipping will be delayed until further notice(manufacturing suspend by China government due to coronavirus)
"

THe lower cost unit fro O-Like is OK but it is not the same level of product as the Sanwu.

If you can not afford either one of those and have only a small budget---it woul be a good idea to go with a satationary lab style RGB --there are many good ones for very low cost, $50 and up---have look on ebay, see: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...c=0&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=compact+RGB+laser

Last edited:

Shiiru

(y) Exactly. 100%

It would cost you 2X the cost of the Sanwu RGB hand held to have someone build you a RGB hand held and it would be much bigger in size and not as well proven either...--there are a lot of serious technical and technique/build challanges in creating and building a compact hand held RGB.

Sanwu put a lot of Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation into inplementing their RGB hand held to make it operationally superior , stable and warrantable excellent product.

THe lower cost unit fro O-Like is OK but it is not th same level of product as the Sanwu.

If you can not afford either one of tose and have only a small budget---it woul be a good idea to go with a satationary lab style RGB --there are many good ones for very low cost, $50 and up---have look on ebay
nah, I will save up for the rgb sanwu then.
Would you guys get the damascus steel or normal version?

Encap

nah, I will save up for the rgb sanwu then.
Would you guys get the damascus steel or normal version?

Depends upon your priorities and wallet?
Functionally laser-wise, they are both the same---if you have the extra dollars for the Damascus--get one---they are and will be very few and far between---rare----inside both are the same---get the engraved Damascus steel host loaded with tritium light vials if now money is no object.
You realize, I hope, that you talking $1.600.00 extra for the engraved Damascus host with 38 tritium vials luxury limited special edition.
Quite a bit more than $850.00 for the plain steel version w/o the tritium vials---you could but 2 of those for the same price.
You can get a very nice laser collection on many single wavelengths for the same price you can buy several excellent quality lasers--- for just the cost of the Damascus option alone--$1,600.00 you can buy several top of the line Sanwu And JetLasers lasers.

Up to you.
In whatever which way you go, good luck and happy shopping.

As Paul mentions above Aluminum is a far better choice for a laser host in terms of thermal conductivity --- an all copper verskion would be even better than an aluminium version of the same host. Best possible would be an all pure Silver version of that host --would outcless them all--but $$$$?

Last edited: