Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for Laser

I recently purchased a 20mw (green) Ebay laser which is quite and upgrade from my 1 mw red laser from circuit city i had before. I was wowed by the 20mw laser though it was only 40 dollers it was very good quality. i am currenty looking for a higher powered laser for lower cost because i am on a budget. I would like something that can cut electrical tape, pop baloons and light matches all wihtout a lens. if you have any ideas for a laser i should look at please post :)

S

SenKat

What's your budget - and have you purchased safety goggles yet ? Most places sell their safety goggles around $50.00 US, with various shipping costs...it is a VERY wise idea to invest in some - especially if you are going to be focusing on the dot to light matches, etc.

Keep your eyes on the post in "companies and reviews" outlining the new "fusion" laser from Rick Lee - there is aso a naming contest going on right now - you could win a HeNe laser just for submitting a winning idea ! Maybe even some other 'stuff', too !

Come up with a budget - and add $50.00 for goggles to it !

My budget is about 300-400 dollers so not that much and 50 dollers for goggle will be no problems as long as its a good quality product i dont mind paying for quality as long as it will last :) i will go over the 400 doller if it is worth it and sad to sound noobish but im just getting into laser so could you tell me what the CPF is please if you would.

S

SenKat

No worries ! CPF= Candle Power Forums

You should really take a look at the "Fusion" laser by Rick Lee - that could very well give you the most bang for the buck in that price range - Wicked Lasers and Nova Lasers sell goggles for $49.99 - Wicked is $18.00 shipping, and Nova is not listed that I could see !

Check out Nova's prices too - as well as Destructive Gear...I haven't tested one of DG's lasers yet, but hope to in the near future. You have a pretty decent price range there, so shop, compare, then ask LOTS of questions !