Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for Laser to Buy

Reeve

I am looking for a laser to buy for some various experiments and other things. What i want:

a 445 nM Blue Laser
I am not sure about the power, This is wherei need help. I recently bought one From LaserMaster on HF that was supposively a 1.8W. It was 225$. I hear he says his lasers are higher than they really are.

Basically, i want one like this, maybe more power, depending on the price.

Real burning laser! - YouTube

ALSO: i need safety goggles. I am posting here because i want to purchase something like this.

I will look around, but i am fairly new here so i get confused. thank you guys.

Blord

So you have a 1.8W 445nm laser. It should burn like hell. That is the max that a 445nm laser can do.

Reeve

So you have a 1.8W 445nm laser. It should burn like hell. That is the max that a 445nm laser can do.
i dont think it is really a 1.8W

Thats why i came here. What will 200$ get me?

If your laser is between 500mw-1.8 watts it will burn like crazy. You should buy a laserpowermeter so you can measure the exact power of your laser. A laserpowermeter is always a big step for laser hobbyist and ever one should eventually get one. That is what I would do with your money.

Unfortunately I have some bad news for you... the laser you got from "lasermaster" is probably in reality only 1W, at best.

"Lasermaster" has been banned from this forum multiple times for scamming, and he makes ridiculous power claims.

DTR did a detailed review on one of those lasers: http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/daoo-lasermaster-2-2w-beast-not-even-close-scam-67019.html

I do hope you ordered goggles, if not, order a pair right now... even daoo's crappy laser will damage your eyes faster than you can blink... literally.

If you want that laser, but quality built, contact yobresal, he sells them for $140.

Burning with a handheld laser is a loosing proposition though.

You would be better off buying a handheld blow torch, and a 50mW green laser.