Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for good fast charging charger for 3.7 750mAh 16340 batteries for Thor M2

GSS

Hi geofff, what did you see that didn't add up as far as these battery's not working?
Yes though do a welcome post:)

I'm looking for good fast charging charger for 3.7V 750mAh 16340 batteries (for Thor M2), I dont know almost anything about charging Lithium based batteries
I cant decide between Ultrafire WF-188 and Xtar VC2, they both (I think) have charging current of arround 0.5A, I heard that there are chargers that can use bigger charging current to charge batteries faster, but I dont know what is just best for 16340 bttr. and I dont know if there are better chargers than these. If anyone can recommend best charger for me I would be very thankful!

EDIT: Also if anyone need to know I'll be using RCR123/CR123 Protected AW 750mAh - 16340 batteries for this laser, from what I know they are very good quality.
:thinking::thinking:

Since you're from Poland I suggest to order those from Akkuteile 16340 >>
Plus, they have 7 pages of battery chargers to choose from and you can't complain of their prices.. If you're in hurry and can't wait two/three weeks from Gearbest, you can get those from Akkuteile just in few days. ;)

Reactions: GSS
Hi geofff, what did you see that didn't add up as far as these battery's not working?
Yes though do a welcome post:)
They fit fine and I charged them according to directions. My laser powered up fine and I only use it no longer than 10 to 15 seconds at the most. the 3rd time my laser would not power up. Almost like a circuit breaker tripped. took them out and checked the voltage and it was also fine. Put them back in and it repeated what I just told you. I am pressed for time having two very young daughters, so I will update my profile as soon as my girls let me. Thank you so much for your time and help.

I bought 4 of these exact same batteries for the exact same laser and they don't work. I wasted $24 bucks. I know, I have not introduced myself to LPF but I am just trying to let this guy know these Nitecore batteries did not work with my Thor M-2. I realize you are also looking for a charger. Two questions.

Huh thankfully I ordered 2 Protected AW's not nitecore's

Also

Since you're from Poland I suggest to order those from Akkuteile 16340 >>
Plus, they have 7 pages of battery chargers to choose from and you can't complain of their prices.. If you're in hurry and can't wait two/three weeks from Gearbest, you can get those from Akkuteile just in few days. ;)

I already ordered from different shop but thanks for help, maybe in future this will help me :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Huh thankfully I ordered 2 Protected AW's not nitecore's

Also

I already ordered from different shop but thanks for help, maybe in future this will help me :)
Good to hear, let us know how it works out:)

ok, as soon as I get them delivered and charged to 100% :D

Last edited:
I bought 4 of these exact same batteries for the exact same laser and they don't work. I wasted $24 bucks. I know, I have not introduced myself to LPF but I am just trying to let this guy know these Nitecore batteries did not work with my Thor M-2. I realize you are also looking for a charger. Two questions.

Hope, for your sake, this is a battery problem and not a failure of your laser. Until you can use some known good batteries, you won't know for certain.

Hope, for your sake, this is a battery problem and not a failure of your laser. Until you can use some known good batteries, you won't know for certain.
The cheap 16340 batteries it came with work but I just don't trust cheap batteries. I only use this pointer for the stars I make 4K time lapse videos of. I use it to show my daughters the different constellations. I knew it was cheap but decent for what I need it for. Thats why I bought what I thought were good quality protected batteries for it based on many threads I have been reading here for a few months now. I am not a tech like you but I think I understand your point. if these batteries are shutting down then its more than likely the laser. I bought 4 of them and tried all 4 and it keeps shutting down.Thank you for your help Paul, GSS and everyone else.

I need quick help, the shop I ordered AW's send me today a message that the batteries I ordered few days ago are not avillable (Fortunately, I chose the option of payment on delivery), soo I need to order other batteries quick before christmas.
What are other batteries other than those nitecore's that will work, they could be cheap for now...

Last edited:
I can buy them, also what do you think about KeepPower? On the Efest battery properties what I found it says that its unprotected

Last edited:

GSS

I can buy them, also what do you think about KeepPower? On the Efest battery properties what I found it says that its unprotected
I can't vouch for KeepPower as I never had them..
Most of us use unprotected battery's in our lasers. Protected battery's I believe for the most part means that they shut down before over discharging.
Nothing wrong with unprotected battery's as long as you keep a eye on there voltage and "protected" battery's are a tiny bit longer and can cause fit issues.
I would go with the "button top" Efests.

Oh well i found that the only shop what has those exact batteries have only ONE battery left, and i need two :cryyy: