Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking for flashlight hosts

reloader45

Hello,

I made complete DIY Hosts for my first power lasers. Then i started to use flashlicht hosts. I think the ultrafire 501B hosts are nice. For medium power laser the convoy S2 is fine. Now I am looking for other possible hosts with 18650 batteries. I am also looking for better quality endcap switches. At the moments I use the Switches from 1 € flashlights.

best regards

Edgar

GSS

Try the Ultrafire or Cree C8. It has a thicker front for more sink, and there is a extention tube available to hold 2 "18650"s. I happen to have one with a NUM44 which Lifetime17 built. He's also the one to steer to other possible hosts..

reloader45

Hello,

the Ultrafire C8 looks good. I also like the look of the Convoy M1 and M2.
The next laser will be a medium sized, single mode 638 nm laser. I built a laser with the Oclaro 700 mW Diode, but I don´t like the divergence of this Diode.

best regards

Edgar

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Mountain electronics has a fair selection of flashlight hosts to pick from.

Edit: If you don't mind waiting for a slow delivery from China, Kaidomain has a good selection of hosts; I've bought and used a few myself.

Last edited:

reloader45

hello,

thanks for the info. First I have to buy the Diode and maybe some heatsinks. I will have a look on all the links you sent me.
I ordered 3 Convoy S2. But then I noticed, that these are also nice flashlights. So only one ended as a green laser pointer.

best regards

Edgar

GSS

Just wan't to add that there is a 501B host that takes 2 "18650" cells.
It's another build from Lifetime17. I don't know how???:unsure: but he seems to find these cool hosts:)

reloader45

Hello,

Mountain Electronics has a lot of things for DIY. But they do not ship to Germany at the moment! So Kaidomain will get my Money.

best regards

Edgar

Philipnzw

If you have experience buying from Taobao.com i think it's a good place to hunt for hosts.
Personally i can't seem to find any Hosts but instead found cheap stainless flashlights, i'm guessing you can just gut the insides and turn it into a laser host.

here are two C6 styled ones:

here's an actual laser host (small heatsink.)