Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for CUSTOM MADE DIFFRACTION GRADING filters

K

Krane

Okay, I am more looking for someone who can deliver and then we will go from there. What I need is a diffraction that can spread the laser light into square grid, only thing is the square grid must be made from an angle so size of the squares have to be increasing exponentially

If I can't get exactly what i want, i would like to know what I can work with to achieve something like this

PS. If this already exists and someone is selling it let me know

To explain myself more clearly I am attaching art

287f91i.jpg

I just found an institute in the UK that makes these and just explained to them what exactly I need, so they should reply by tomorrow, but dealing with institutes internationally is a different kind of tier for me, never done this before.

Last edited:

ARG

IIRC unless you're ordering hundreds custom diffraction gratings are very expensive.

K

Krane

why is it expensive, all they need to do is instead of conventional equations they put in a custom equation and let the machine do the work

Also, there's the cost of changing out tooling, stopping production, restarting production, QA control, etc. One-off manufacturing comes with a huge price tag, even when you know someone in the business or have first hand access to a capable shop.

I once looked into getting a special size of glass filter made. Nothing different about the filter material, I simply wanted to pull a specimen from the manufacturing line before it got to the sizing department where they score and cut the glass. I found out that most of the price tag was due to the loss of manufacturing time from having to stop all the machinery and restart them as they had to manually go in and remove one of the mid-process pieces. I never ended up getting the filter because of it.