Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking for cheap 470-500nm LED diode

Looking for 470nm-500nm led flashlight diode and suitable driver. Trying to build a light blue flashlight for under $15. Preferably over 100 lm but will take any suggestions. I tried fasttech and couldn't find anything except a 455nm diode.

Does anyone have any ideas for a driver for this?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...e-xt-e-royal-blue-d46-300lm-455nm-led-emitter

It doesn't even list amps so I tried to do some research with cree and am still doing that. (edit) Found the max current in is 1amp (1000ma).

I just ordered that diode. It shows it with a base plate but I don't know if it has one. Can someone help me determine this? Edit: Obviously not paying attention as it says "on board."
Thanks for any help

:thanks:

So I ordered two 800ma drivers and a 455nm and 470-480nm diode on 14mm and 12mm baseplate respectively with one of the flashlights that grainde recommended in his build.
Wish me luck. Now for the multi month wait. Hopefully they ship today before the 22nd which is when the guy leaves for chinese new year.

Last edited: