Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking For Assistance

Cbuley

I have all the necessary ingredients for the KipKay laser hack. i would not like to kill my diode though, and was wondering if anyone would install a resister for me, and i would provide all parts, except the resistor itself and would pay well for service. Please contact CBULEY@gmail.com for any questions. [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Its not just a resistor... ugh... you need a complete current regulating circuit. KipKay is a joke and provides horrible instructions that only get you a laser that will last a few minutes at most. Here is a good read for some basic info and good links.. http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?virboard=b_general;num=1206843997

EDIT- O and good job coming here before starting, you saved yourself some heartache of burning out diodes. I hope ya learn some info and get off to a good start in DIY lasers. This place is a wealth of information!

Kenom

dude to be honest your wasting your time with the kipkay hack. there just isn't enough room in there for a resistor.

Abray

I've tried fitting a driver in there, it doesn't work very well. If I were you buy an MXDL flashlight and do that hack. I've done that one and it works beautifully!

I've been able to fit a resistor & capacitor in a minimag but it's really difficult & not really worth it anyways.

I did it by cutting a circle in the plastic cover the same size as the laser module lens, and smaller than the laser module itself, then put the plastic cover on w/o the lens in and put the lens on with a focusing knob on the front to make it look better.

works out pretty well, but you're really better off using a MXDL or Dorcy flashlight as a host.

good luck

Abray

Well even batter than using the front for the resistor and such, could you put the resistor and cap in the tail where the extra bulb used to be?

Cbuley

sk8er4514 said:
works out pretty well, but you're really better off using a MXDL or Dorcy flashlight as a host.

good luck

ive looked into flashlights, but what kind would work for the kipkay type hack minus the mag light replaced with a MXDL light.

anyone link me on a acceptible flashlight, thanks much