Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

looking for a viper or fusion laser

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but not very new to lasers.  I know quite a bit about laser however I only own a 20mw green laser.  I'm looking into getting a better one.  I'm looking for a 125mw viper from DL or fushion from WL or something along those lines.  I'd be willing to pay or trade and would greatly appreciate anyone who would be willing to give up their laser.  I'm not quite ready to get it, but very soon so I figured I'd start looking now. ;D ;D ;D

lazerlover said:
What mw is it and what can it do in terms of burning power??

Its a WL Exec fusion, so its rated to >125mW. I haven't tested it before but I could probably RMA it is there's an issue. Burning power? It does as any WL Exec fusion would. Easily pops black balloons and should have better collimation than a DL.
Initial beam diameter is larger though so you would need an external lens (aka, hold a magnifying glass in front of it) to do some serious burning, but when focused you can do most of the tricks like lighting matches and such.

so it can't burn without a lense?? By burn I mean light a match at more than a few inches??

lazerlover said:
so it can't burn without a lense??  By burn I mean light a match at more than a few inches??

At range, the Executive WLs will burn better than DLs. In the close range though, the DLs are better. Lighting a match without a lens with an executive WL is very difficult, but slightly possible. Its poor burning close up is not due to any lack of power though, its just because the energy is less concentrated close up (and the advantage is that at distance, a WL Execs energy is more concentrated)

Oh, and I saw somewhere you were mentioning the price difference between the WLs and the DLs. If you're interested in this fusion though, I can sell it to you for less than the cost of a DL 125mW shipped.

Could you send me any videos of it burning without a lense so I can see what it can do. Just the standards would be great, a few balloons matches and electrical tape. If not can you describe what it can do ex. black balloon at 5ft under 3 seconds something like that?

thanks a ton for your help.

If I end of buying your laser less than a DL 125mw shipped would be FANTASTIC!!!

Not sure what it can do off the top of my head. I'll have to go find it and try it out sometime today or tomorrow. I also have a CNI black/gold WL fusion from the good old days when WL sold CNIs. Those are the same as the DLs with a nice tight beam diameter at aperture and this one will light matches pretty easily, but I'm not sure on the price.. I originally paid >$560 on it (after RMA shipping) and haven't even put an hour of use on it since.

I'll look through what I have though and see what I can offer at what price.. Hopefully I'll have an update tonight or tomorrow.

Hey, I just sent you a PM. Click on the "home" tab and then scroll down to the bottom right corner of the page to see your PMs.

So if you could upload pics of each of the lasers and what price your looking for that'd be great. Also if you could tell me what each can do at what distance without a lense that would be fantastic. Vids would be nice too, but I don't want to cause too much trouble. ;D

S

SenKat

lazerlover - Psuedo has TONS of toys....And is very trustworthy as well, if that helps you at all. He's done a lot of good here, and other forums - and sold a few lasers along the way that perform exactly as he says they do - 100% good guy in my book !