Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a new green laser (50mw)

sagi10

hi all
I am looking for a ultra-chip green laser that can truly light a match .
my only option is to buy an "Ebay" laser... ::)
so help me find my dream laser ! :p
Requirements from my dream laser :
1) Ultra-chip : not more then 75$ (including the handling and deliviry to israel)
2) To have at least 50mw or the power to light a match .
3) To have a good beam visibilty .

That's all... ;)

What you are looking for will be really hard to do you definalty wont get a new one and most ebaysers dont have IR filters so it might take alot of looking. theres a contest that ends today and the winner of it gets a HeNe laser and Rick Lees new one so i woudl try for that.

sagi10 said:
hi all
I am looking for a ultra-chip green laser that can truly light a match .
my only option is to buy an "Ebay" laser... ::)
so help me find my dream laser ! :p
Requirements from my dream laser :
1) Ultra-chip : not more then 75$ (including the handling and deliviry to israel)
2) To have at least 50mw or the power to light a match .
3) To have a good beam visibilty .

That's all... ;)

hate to burst your bubble, but that's not going to happen. First off a 50mw laser most likely won't light a match. Second the odds of getting a 50mw laser with shipping for 75 dollars is very unlike, without that fact that it's shipping to Israel. You're going to need to kick out atleast 150 plus shipping to get what your asking for. Ebayser most likely will die on you or be way underpowered from what's stated, so don't get one from there.

your best bet is to trade/buy one from someone on the forum. So that the laser is used and you know it will do what you want and you can barter for the price.
not to be too sarcastic ;D ;D but don't we all want a laser that can light a match for 75 dollars.

sagi10

go on youtube...and run : green laser 50mw
look at those...they pop balons...and some light matchs...
I asked one of the guys that maked a movie showing he's 25$ green laser pops a balon very fast...

it's most likely a modded laser, which will ultimately kill the laser. And most 50mw's will pop balloons, but it's rare to get one that will light matches and if it is it's most likely putting out more than 50mw. Also, all those 50mw ones on youtube cost more than 75 dollars.

Comparison Chart For Burning and Power
Viper Series Output Power 15mW 35mW 55mW 75mW 95mW 125mW
Laser beam dot is visible yes yes yes yes yes yes
Laser beam is visible at night yes yes yes yes yes yes
Laser beam is visible in day light yes yes yes yes yes
Can burn holes in black plastic yes yes yes yes
Pop black or dark balloons yes yes yes
Stings bare skin yes yes yes
Light matches yes yes
Can burn/cut black electrical tape yes yes
Melt rubber and some plastics yes

go by this chart, from DL, there are some exceptions and this isn't perfect but for the most part should give you an idea of what power level you need to do what you want.

sagi10

I spoke the one of the guys that maked a movie that show's clearly that a "EBAY" laser can pop balons...

p.s
you can lock this theard cuz i already bought a new laser ( L50 )

thank you all :)